Poll - What is a reasonable amount of time for Collins to be given?

What is a reasonable amount of time for Collins to be given?

• Get rid of him now, seen enough.

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Get rid of him after signing day since I'm not an upfront person.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After 2020 season (2 years)

Votes: 30 6.9%
  • After 2021 season (3 years)

Votes: 141 32.4%
  • After 2022 season (4 years)

Votes: 146 33.6%
  • After 2023 season (5 years)

Votes: 75 17.2%
  • End of contract - 2025 - 7 years

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • As long as Johnson - 11 years

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Lifetime - I'm into pain which is why I follow GT football.

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I disagree. Yes he will get 5 if he shows some competitiveness and gets to .500 or real close in year three. Two more years of the product he put on the field this year and if TStan doesn't can him, they will have the pitchforks out coming for him.
It's ok my wife disagrees with me all the time. After TStan give him a 7 year unless he was to bomb out he almost can't go less than 5 years but I still think he has to beat uga once in the first 5 years to stay.

Animal02

Banned
It's ok my wife disagrees with me all the time. After TStan give him a 7 year unless he was to bomb out he almost can't go less than 5 years but I still think he has to beat uga once in the first 5 years to stay.
That is my point, if he craps the bed two more years, he will be gone. He shows improvement, he will be here 5. He either has to beat UGA or come real close. Getting blown out ever year will be a sure fire way of being shown the door.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Everyone associated GT with the 3O, and fairly or not, we were judged by that identity. For many, that's the first thing they think of when GT is mentioned.
Met a guy at work recently who turned out to have had a brief stint in the NFL. The first thing he said as he was walking up to me was "Georgia Tech and the wing t, how's your season going?" Had to explain we changed coaches, and had moved away from the offense. The triple was definitely our identity

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Have you ever been on a football team or coached a team that ran the veer, wishbone or flex spread.......if so then you would understand that they are systems that are actually more complex than what we are currently trying to run. Zone blocking is designed to be easier.

I'll assume that you agree that the 2008 defense PJ inherited was figuratively 100x better than the one GC inherited.

PJ wasn't forced to start a single walk-on at OL in 2008 nor any Freshmen. He was able to start 3 future NFL draft picks on offense (Dwyer, BeBe, Gardner) and another 5 (FIVE) on defense.

Note: PJ had 5 total NFL defensive player draft picks in his ENTIRE 11 YEARS, to put that in perspective. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_in_the_NFL_Draft)

To even begin to compare the dream team roster PJ fell backwards into to the bare-cupboard that GC inherited is disingenuous, to put it politely.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
This kind of ignorance is really painful. I'm sorry... but CPJ had Dwyer, Thomas and Nesbitt on O behind what turned out to be a very solid OL including Gardner that got drafted... on D he had Richard, Walker, and Johnson plus Derrick Morgan on the DL... we started 2 walk ons this week.

Apples and oranges. The cupboard is bare, VERY bare. Watch how many guys not names Jordan Mason get drafted off this season's roster.

PJ had 5 NFL Drafted players on the 2008 defense, thanks to Gailey. It took 11 years of recruiting for PJ to put 5 guys into the NFL on defense.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
UM no we were not loaded. We had 3 seniors on the D-line that were pretty good and made it to the NFL Dwyer was probably helped by playing in CPJs system. DT was also helped because he drew single coverage. If we were so loaded how come Chan went 7-5 with all that Pro Talent. And in 2014, where did all that talent come from to get us 11 wins...... Hell in 2008 we took a tight end Austin Barrick and turned him into a tackle because we were lacking in O linemen.

We had 3 players on O that got drafted and 5 players on D that got drafted. 8 of PJ's 22 starters got drafted into the NFL.

We were more loaded in 2008 than any time in GT football history, as far as I know. I can't think of another GT team that had almost half its starters get drafted, can you?

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Vance Walker, Daryl Richard, Michael Johnson, Morgan Burnett, Derrick Morgan. That's 5

Defensive draft picks since: Attaouchu, Jemea Thomas, Brandon Watts, DJ White, Adam Gotsis. That's 5. Obviously, there are a couple of current players who could be added to the total later on.
Chris Milton played, as did T.J. Barnes, Isaiah Johnson, Mario Butler (though I cant recall which class he was in), Rod Sweeting, maybe a couple others. Hell, almost the entire secondary of the 2014 team has played on Sundays, plus Gotsis.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Chris Milton played, as did T.J. Barnes, Isaiah Johnson, Mario Butler (though I cant recall which class he was in), Rod Sweeting, maybe a couple others. Hell, almost the entire secondary of the 2014 team has played on Sundays, plus Gotsis.

Did you purposely or accidentally skip the word "drafted"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_in_the_NFL_Draft

Tellingly, we've not had a player drafted since Butker in 2017. 2 full years without anyone being selected in the NFL Draft.

Poodlehead

Georgia Tech Fan
I've always thought that a coach should be given enough time to get his own seniors in place - so 4 years.
Unless he goes all Willie Taggert or something....

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
I think the 2013 team (all Johnson recruits at that point) had 13 players who suited up on Sunday. Check my facts on this.

Isaiah Johnson
Chris Milton
Rod Sweeting
Brandon Watts
Jemea Thomas
Deandre Smelter
DJ White
Zach Laskey
Jeremiah Attaochu
Shaq Mason
Darren Waller
Harrison Butker
Adam Gotsis

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Imo, a minuscule number of supporters wish to fire CGC---straw man? I believe a great many supporters are "waiting to see"--- that's what educated alumni are in fact doing. Look, CGC has said a lot of things that require a show me response from people who have been supporting the program for 20-30-40-50 years, and he wasn't just talking to recruits either.

I disagree. GT fans are freaking over a season that wasn’t going to bring us success under any coach. Whether we win 2 or 5 what’s the difference? At the end of this season there will be 4-5 fan bases that are happy - the National Champ, Minnesota, Baylor, and a few more who took a step forward. That’s it. Everyone else will be freaking out like many of our fans are. And of course, Collins has to show us. No one disagrees with that. But so many are blasting the guy for having to coach a 50% D2 roster. Next year won’t be much better from a win loss perspective but I expect we’ll actually be in some games since we’ll finally have a legit QB even though he’ll be a freshman.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I think the 2013 team (all Johnson recruits at that point) had 13 players who suited up on Sunday. Check my facts on this.

Isaiah Johnson
Chris Milton
Rod Sweeting
Brandon Watts
Jemea Thomas
Deandre Smelter
DJ White
Zach Laskey
Jeremiah Attaochu
Shaq Mason
Darren Waller
Harrison Butker
Adam Gotsis

What disappointment that team turned out to be looking back.