Poll - What is a reasonable amount of time for Collins to be given?

What is a reasonable amount of time for Collins to be given?

• Get rid of him now, seen enough.

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Get rid of him after signing day since I'm not an upfront person.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After 2020 season (2 years)

Votes: 30 6.9%
  • After 2021 season (3 years)

Votes: 141 32.4%
  • After 2022 season (4 years)

Votes: 146 33.6%
  • After 2023 season (5 years)

Votes: 75 17.2%
  • End of contract - 2025 - 7 years

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • As long as Johnson - 11 years

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Lifetime - I'm into pain which is why I follow GT football.

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Krowensby

Georgia Tech Fan
Let's keep in mind that Collins claim to fame was being a good defensive coordinator at Florida before going to Temple. Defensive player are not different under this recruiting class from any other ergo he should be producing at minimum a decent defense. As we can all see out defense is terrible. So what are we getting from this guy? Nothing.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Let's keep in mind that Collins claim to fame was being a good defensive coordinator at Florida before going to Temple. Defensive player are not different under this recruiting class from any other ergo he should be producing at minimum a decent defense. As we can all see out defense is terrible. So what are we getting from this guy? Nothing.

Defensive players aren't different from what?? We're just starting 2 walkons at DE and DT right now. Owens out. Chico Bennett out. Chris Martin out. BJS out.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I disagree. GT fans are freaking over a season that wasn’t going to bring us success under any coach. Whether we win 2 or 5 what’s the difference? At the end of this season there will be 4-5 fan bases that are happy - the National Champ, Minnesota, Baylor, and a few more who took a step forward. That’s it. Everyone else will be freaking out like many of our fans are. And of course, Collins has to show us. No one disagrees with that. But so many are blasting the guy for having to coach a 50% D2 roster. Next year won’t be much better from a win loss perspective but I expect we’ll actually be in some games since we’ll finally have a legit QB even though he’ll be a freshman.
50% of our roster isn’t even FCS level now? They seem to be dropping in talent level every week. They will be a local park flag football roster by the end of the season.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
50% of our roster isn’t even FCS level now? They seem to be dropping in talent level every week. They will be a local park flag football roster by the end of the season.
Actual photo of our roster taken before the game.
giants-1.jpg

In all seriousness, both of the extreme ends of our fan spectrum are out of control right now. None of our coaches should even be up for consideration of being fired. Blaming the coaches when we are decimated by injuries is an injustice (just like in 2015). Claiming we have 50% D2 roster is just as laughably ignorant.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer

Most of the team has never played organized sports. Thirteen were in the band last year. One drove a tow truck. Two more sold t-shirts in the bookstore.

That CGC has molded this patchwork into an elite team is amazing. Just amazing.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
If fired in anything less than allowing him to coach thru one full recruiting cycle -
Then the idiot that hired him should also be fired (i don't give a crud how they did things in canada or who you played hockey against) -
And the idiot that hired that idiot (because he can no longer be fired) should be in prison for malfeasance and stealing from the taxpayers.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
You didn’t say drafted. You said “put into.”

Completely wrong. Here are my direct quotes, as seen above.

Me said:
He was able to start 3 future NFL draft picks on offense (Dwyer, BeBe, Gardner) and another 5 (FIVE) on defense.

Note: PJ had 5 total NFL defensive player draft picks in his ENTIRE 11 YEARS, to put that in perspective.

PJ had 5 NFL Drafted players on the 2008 defense, thanks to Gailey. It took 11 years of recruiting for PJ to put 5 guys into the NFL on defense.

We had 3 players on O that got drafted and 5 players on D that got drafted. 8 of PJ's 22 starters got drafted into the NFL.

We were more loaded in 2008 than any time in GT football history, as far as I know. I can't think of another GT team that had almost half its starters get drafted, can you?

not sure how you missed the word "draft" or "drafted". I count 7 times I used it above.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Actual photo of our roster taken before the game.
giants-1.jpg

In all seriousness, both of the extreme ends of our fan spectrum are out of control right now. None of our coaches should even be up for consideration of being fired. Blaming the coaches when we are decimated by injuries is an injustice (just like in 2015). Claiming we have 50% D2 roster is just as laughably ignorant.

The difference is that, even in year 8 (2015), I don't recall the most strident of TO haters criticizing PJ the way the PJ fans are railing on 1st year coach with brand new scheme and team GC. It was obvious in 2015 that injuries made that season a big fat asterisk. Not sure how anyone can look at our decimated OL and think we should be undefeated right now.

Note: Nope, it doesn't excuse Citadel nor the horrible performance on Saturday. The delay of game before our first play should result in GC running 500 yards of grass drills for being that unprepared. THAT kind of crap is absolutely inexcusable, as is the continued worship of Temple.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Is there anyone loyal to a coach? If so, I’d appreciate if they would go root for someone else, which shouldn’t be a problem since they’re not loyal to the team. I root for the Jackets and couldn’t give a rip who the coach is.

There are a lot of needles arguments on this board based on coach loyalty to CPJ or CGC. I agree, there should be team loyalists rather than coach. If CGC can win it will be great, just like it was great under all the other winning coaches. Not pro or con on him

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
Well than you should be happy this year I don't see any way we can blow to lead to the mutts this year.

It's exactly why 2013 was such a horrible loss. We don't get opportunities to beat the mutts very often and to choke away a 20-pt lead was unforgivable.

We'll be lucky to be within 20 after the 1st qtr this year. Our small'ish, young OL is going to get killed.

ScGold

Banned