Poll - What is a reasonable amount of time for Collins to be given?

What is a reasonable amount of time for Collins to be given?

• Get rid of him now, seen enough.

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Get rid of him after signing day since I'm not an upfront person.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After 2020 season (2 years)

Votes: 30 6.9%
  • After 2021 season (3 years)

Votes: 141 32.4%
  • After 2022 season (4 years)

Votes: 146 33.6%
  • After 2023 season (5 years)

Votes: 75 17.2%
  • End of contract - 2025 - 7 years

Votes: 17 3.9%
  • As long as Johnson - 11 years

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Lifetime - I'm into pain which is why I follow GT football.

Votes: 9 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Jolly Good Fellow
This is about typical. A bunch of calculator crunching nonathletic idiots saying year 3 is got to be this or........ Really, how many of you experts built anything from scratch and to know what kind of challenge is facing this coach? We will win 8 games or more in ur 4 and that is going to be because this coach was handed a big pie of little to no d1 talent that will out recruit, out market, and our perform the last staff.
So, you’re saying it’ll take a Herculean effort for CGC to get us back to the 7 or 8 win Tech equilibrium.

Do you realize even what you’re arguing with that? The hottest of takes.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
So just a note, When CPJ got here was our team loaded with TO players. Nope. Nesbitt had no idea how to run it. etc. so please stop with the mammoth transition. All these players ran a similar offense to what we have now in high school.
So how long. Based on the schedule we should win 1 next year. But if we have a bunch of real close losses then that is improvement. If by year 3 we don't win 6, then he is gone at the end of 3. The stadium will be empty.
So just a note, when CPJ got here was our team loaded with with NFL caliber players? Yes.

So just a note, when CPJ got here was our team loaded with with NFL caliber players? Yes.
UM no we were not loaded. We had 3 seniors on the D-line that were pretty good and made it to the NFL Dwyer was probably helped by playing in CPJs system. DT was also helped because he drew single coverage. If we were so loaded how come Chan went 7-5 with all that Pro Talent. And in 2014, where did all that talent come from to get us 11 wins...... Hell in 2008 we took a tight end Austin Barrick and turned him into a tackle because we were lacking in O linemen.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
So just a note, When CPJ got here was our team loaded with TO players. Nope. Nesbitt had no idea how to run it. etc. so please stop with the mammoth transition. All these players ran a similar offense to what we have now in high school.
So how long. Based on the schedule we should win 1 next year. But if we have a bunch of real close losses then that is improvement. If by year 3 we don't win 6, then he is gone at the end of 3. The stadium will be empty.

I'm of the belief that it's probably easier to transition a team laden with NFL talent to anything rather than a team almost devoid of P5 talent to a new scheme.
To even begin to think the defense that PJ inherited resembles the one CGC inherited...or the OL...is laughable.

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
UM no we were not loaded. We had 3 seniors on the D-line that were pretty good and made it to the NFL Dwyer was probably helped by playing in CPJs system. DT was also helped because he drew single coverage. If we were so loaded how come Chan went 7-5 with all that Pro Talent. And in 2014, where did all that talent come from to get us 11 wins...... Hell in 2008 we took a tight end Austin Barrick and turned him into a tackle because we were lacking in O linemen.

That's 3 more players in the NFL than any currently on this roster. We'd never have another DL guy under PJ make it to the NFL.

We went 7-5 because Gailey was a bad coach with a poor QB and we fired him because of it. That's why.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
If next year is terrible, which is likely, then he will have to show considerable improvement in year three or he will basically lose the entire fan base. So three years minimum. If he is recruiting at a really really high level then maybe 4 years minimum.

I'm of the belief that it's probably easier to transition a team laden with NFL talent to anything rather than a team almost devoid of P5 talent to a new scheme.
To even begin to think the defense that PJ inherited resembles the one CGC inherited...or the OL...is laughable.

Have you ever been on a football team or coached a team that ran the veer, wishbone or flex spread.......if so then you would understand that they are systems that are actually more complex than what we are currently trying to run. Zone blocking is designed to be easier.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Normally I would say 3 years, but when you are transitioning the offense from the 3O, I think 4 should be enough. The recruiting is there. Team will struggle for a couple years, but I expect a better than .500 record in 2021.
Agree that is what Bill Lewis got...
1st year...5-6
2nd year..5-6
3rd year...fired 1 for whatever tell George Oleary took over...

Here is the thing....CGC blew everything up...he has forced Patnuts offense instead if transitioning...

While our recruiting will not drastically increase ( 4 and 5 stars) CGC needs to get his guys.... I mean look at A. Brown... That was his 3 star recruit and he is killing it..

So if anyone want to be upset over this call the AD he is the one who hired CGC...

Also I think by year three if we are not bowl eligible he gets canned... The question will be will he be able to have 2 win season for just bowl eligible....will the fan base be ok with that???

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Jon Dwyer, Demaryious Thomas, Lucas Cox, Derrick Morgan, Michael Johnson, Morgan Burnett, Vance Walker, Darryl Richard, Mario Butler. That’s just the ones I know for sure reading the roster.

If DT was only successful because of single coverage he wouldn’t still be in the league.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This is about typical. A bunch of calculator crunching nonathletic idiots saying year 3 is got to be this or........ Really, how many of you experts built anything from scratch and to know what kind of challenge is facing this coach? We will win 8 games or more in ur 4 and that is going to be because this coach was handed a big pie of little to no d1 talent that will out recruit, out market, and our perform the last staff.
Well I'm not a calculator crunching idiot ( we had to learn now to do it in our head) but as a VP of the company I was working for I wanted to expand into another market area and need 20 million from corporate and had 3 years to turn a profit. Year one we loss money year 2 we broke even and in year 3 turned a good profit. That's not coaching that is just plain work and hoping the people you hired would believe in you and work their as* off. They all got a 25k bonus in year 3.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer

This kind of ignorance is really painful. I'm sorry... but CPJ had Dwyer, Thomas and Nesbitt on O behind what turned out to be a very solid OL including Gardner that got drafted... on D he had Richard, Walker, and Johnson plus Derrick Morgan on the DL... we started 2 walk ons this week.

Apples and oranges. The cupboard is bare, VERY bare. Watch how many guys not names Jordan Mason get drafted off this season's roster.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
It depends on results. If we show steady improvement over 3 years, then he should definitely be given the 4th/5th year. And I think he will. But if he relapses into something similar to this year after 3 years, I would hope Tstan would look seriously at our best options going forward. Cutting him too soon without giving him enough time would give any legitimate replacement cause for concern about coming here and we would be in a world of hurt.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ezbee

Georgia Tech Fan
This kind of ignorance is really painful. I'm sorry... but CPJ had Dwyer, Thomas and Nesbitt on O behind what turned out to be a very solid OL including Gardner that got drafted... on D he had Richard, Walker, and Johnson plus Derrick Morgan on the DL... we started 2 walk ons this week.

Apples and oranges. The cupboard is bare, VERY bare. Watch how many guys not names Jordan Mason get drafted off this season's roster.

well we sure are doing a damn fine job of showcasing Percy Harvin to nfl teams! :)

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
It’s not static, though. Like, it’s reasonable to expect 4-5 next season, a bowl game in 2021, and if he doesn’t hit nine by 2022, cut bait. What he can’t do is go 2-10 next season and 3-9 or 4-8 in 2021. He’s got to show improvement, and it should be at an increasing rate as time goes on.