Votes: 32 11.3%
  • Tucker Gleason

Votes: 19 6.7%
  • Jeff Sims

Votes: 51 18.1%

• Total voters

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I think Graham starts every game until he struggles and has a really bad half, all the QB’s will get their shot to play if they are ready, whoever gets it done grabs the starter job and never lets it go- becoming a GT legend in the process. Graham becomes a really good WR, two other guys transfer out.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I think Graham starts every game until he struggles and has a really bad half, all the QB’s will get their shot to play if they are ready, whoever gets it done grabs the starter job and never lets it go- becoming a GT legend in the process. Graham becomes a really good WR, two other guys transfer out.
So most likely the Clemson game lol

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I had voted for Gleason before I was reminded we start with Clemson again this year. I think you go with experience on a stage like that, so I think James Graham will be the starter for the game. I think once the outcome is decided, we'll get a younger QB in there. I was thinking it would be Gleason because I think he is more of what Patenaude is used to at QB. Mainly a pocket passer, but still a competent runner as a relief valve. We'll see if they try to move in that direction for the offense or if we keep it more spread/option based with the all the dual threat talent we have at QB.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
I had voted for Gleason before I was reminded we start with Clemson again this year. I think you go with experience on a stage like that, so I think James Graham will be the starter for the game. I think once the outcome is decided, we'll get a younger QB in there. I was thinking it would be Gleason because I think he is more of what Patenaude is used to at QB. Mainly a pocket passer, but still a competent runner as a relief valve. We'll see if they try to move in that direction for the offense or if we keep it more spread/option based with the all the dual threat talent we have at QB.
You mean once we are up by 3 scores?

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like we are kinda committed to doing what we need to with Sims in mind. Hard to rave about the best QB Tech has gotten in a while and then start Gleason who would eat up Sims time at Tech.

Graham makes sense because he played last year and because if he fails we can bring Sims on in

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So I was told after the temple game by a player’s dad that he was hearing all the kids thought Yates was the best QB on the team and that they didn’t want to waste a year of him last year.

IF that’s even remotely true (big IF) and IF Collins says the best players play, then Yates would be the starter, right?

I picked Graham.

gtchem05

Jolly Good Fellow
Just my opinion, but if Yates was the best QB on the team last year in the minds of the coaches, then he would have played much more last year. I don't think these coaches red shirt players who they think can contribute right away. Doesn't mean Yates won't earn playing time this year though.

Lurkerjack

Georgia Tech Fan
Yates, then Sims or Gleason. The more I read the boards and talk to knowledgeable fans (yes, there are some out there. Subjective and definitely few and far
between ;-) ) the more I am solidifying on Yates being the starter. Ironically, it wouldn’t surprise me if graham was the safe #2 to start. Obviously using “safe” loosely.

Someone had a really good point about starting the season against Clemson. That’s a wildcard in that they are so much better than anyone else we will face except Uga at seasons end (by which time new qb and new ol should be good to go experience wise). Will the coaching staff have an extreme game plan like last year that skews to a different qb just for this first game? Was last year more because it was the first game in this transition? I think so but with this staff who knows (I view that as a positive by the way).

Surprised that graham leads this poll. Just don’t see it.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Just my opinion, but if Yates was the best QB on the team last year in the minds of the coaches, then he would have played much more last year. I don't think these coaches red shirt players who they think can contribute right away. Doesn't mean Yates won't earn playing time this year though.

I could understand redshirting and I can understand being the best QB and also not giving us the best chance to win at the time. But I think if that was the case at least in the games he had we would have seen a lot more. Why would we give so few snaps in the actual games if the thought he was QB of the future? He still could be the guy, but I doubt anyone's confident in that with a stake in things.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I could understand redshirting and I can understand being the best QB and also not giving us the best chance to win at the time. But I think if that was the case at least in the games he had we would have seen a lot more. Why would we give so few snaps in the actual games if the thought he was QB of the future? He still could be the guy, but I doubt anyone's confident in that with a stake in things.
Wouldn’t be the first time. Wasn’t Justin Thomas widely viewed by the team as the top QB but sat behind Vad?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Odds are 1 of the 4 will transfer before the start of the season. An another will after the season. Hate it but that is college football all we can do is hope coach P picks the right 2 to keep.