1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Poll: 2020 Starting QB

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Gtech50, Feb 17, 2020.

?
  1. James Graham

180 vote(s)
    63.8%
  2. Jordan Yates

32 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. Tucker Gleason

19 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Jeff Sims

51 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. Gtech50

Gtech50 Helluva Engineer

Since it’s the offseason, I’m curious who everyone thinks will be the starting QB this year? It might change throughout the season but who will be the guy to start the year?

CuseJacket likes this.
  2. FrostedOrange

FrostedOrange Helluva Engineer

Having to play Clemson game 1 is going to put emphasis on college game experience IMO. I know we've seen several true-fresh recently in college play a lot early on, but for a lot of kids that's going to do more harm than good. Even fromm was put in with conservative play calling and a supporting cast better than we'll have in Sept.

3. nod

nod Helluva Engineer

James Graham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. TromboneJacket

TromboneJacket Helluva Engineer

We’re not likely to throw a freshman QB, redshirt or otherwise, to the wolves in week 1 against Clemson. A more interesting and difficult question would be who we think will be starting by the end of the season. For week 1, it will probably be Graham. By November, I could see Yates or Gleason taking over. I think Sims will need a little time but could end up overtaking the others after a year or so.

5. YellowJacketFan2018

YellowJacketFan2018 Helluva Engineer

6. Sheboygan

Sheboygan Jolly Good Fellow

Unless Graham completely flops - which I doubt - he will start, but we might see Sims/Gleason/Yates if we are blowing THEM out ( LOL ):LOL::LOL: jk

YellowJacketFan2018 likes this.
  7. wesgt123

wesgt123 Helluva Engineer

I’ll say Graham starts against Clemson. They’ll want a QB with game experience for the first game. I think he’ll be pushed out of his spot at some point during the season though

8. g0lftime

g0lftime Helluva Engineer

Graham starts unless he is hurt during pre-season.

9. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer Contributing Writer

Graham is absolutely the Day 1 starter unless Sims or Gleason come our firing like Staubach

10. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

11. plangineer

plangineer Helluva Engineer

Leaning towards Graham since he has the experience - but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another QB. The Spring Game is going to be interesting to watch.

At the end of the day though, I just hope we avoid the QB carousal we had last year. Didn't allow any of the guys to get into a rhythm / build confidence.

Em_Jae20 likes this.
  12. Yoda

Yoda Helluva Engineer

I think Gleason has the it factor and will be the future. However, I won't count out Yates at any point, he has the it factor too.

Buzz1126 likes this.
  13. smokey_wasp

smokey_wasp Helluva Engineer

Gonna go with the dark horse and say Yates has a fantastic Spring and wins it. Just a guess from the gut, though.

I believe both Yates and Graham will play against Clemson and Graham may even get the start, but am picking Yates to get the most snaps at least in the first half of the season.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Buzz1126 likes this.
  14. alagold

alagold Helluva Engineer

A related interesting question is which of those QBs won't be here in 1 1/2 yrs since 4 scholly QBs are too many.

pinglett likes this.
  15. Yoda

Yoda Helluva Engineer

Just always hope we play the guy who Just knows how to win and not the guy with the most potential upside/tools just because. Don't need another Major Applewhite/Chris Sims debacle.

16. g0lftime

g0lftime Helluva Engineer

The problem is more that they are all so close in eligibility. Would be better if 1 was a senior 1 was a junior. I suspect only 2 are still at QB after this season. Most kids aren't willing to sit for 2 years.

augustabuzz likes this.
  17. GCdaJuiceMan

GCdaJuiceMan Helluva Engineer

Especially if the NCAA officially allows kids one free transfer with no restriction.

18. Oldgoldandwhite

Oldgoldandwhite Helluva Engineer

Best scenario. Of course, it depends on Graham.

19. techfan#14

techfan#14 Ramblin' Wreck

I am torn on what to expect next season at the QB position. I am almost 100% certain Graham starts multiple games at the start of the season. If he is unseated I believe it will be Yates that does so. As for the freshmen it would take a set of skills that we have not seen at QB in some time to get them serious play time. Either way I think we see vast improvement over last year!

YellowJacketFan2018 likes this.
  20. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

But Sims could be that one with a set of skills we have not seen in a long time . :)