Votes: 32 11.3%
  • Tucker Gleason

Votes: 19 6.7%
  • Jeff Sims

Votes: 51 18.1%

• Total voters

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Since it’s the offseason, I’m curious who everyone thinks will be the starting QB this year? It might change throughout the season but who will be the guy to start the year?

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
Having to play Clemson game 1 is going to put emphasis on college game experience IMO. I know we've seen several true-fresh recently in college play a lot early on, but for a lot of kids that's going to do more harm than good. Even fromm was put in with conservative play calling and a supporting cast better than we'll have in Sept.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We’re not likely to throw a freshman QB, redshirt or otherwise, to the wolves in week 1 against Clemson. A more interesting and difficult question would be who we think will be starting by the end of the season. For week 1, it will probably be Graham. By November, I could see Yates or Gleason taking over. I think Sims will need a little time but could end up overtaking the others after a year or so.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Leaning towards Graham since he has the experience - but I wouldn't be surprised if we see another QB. The Spring Game is going to be interesting to watch.

At the end of the day though, I just hope we avoid the QB carousal we had last year. Didn't allow any of the guys to get into a rhythm / build confidence.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Gonna go with the dark horse and say Yates has a fantastic Spring and wins it. Just a guess from the gut, though.

I believe both Yates and Graham will play against Clemson and Graham may even get the start, but am picking Yates to get the most snaps at least in the first half of the season.

Last edited:

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
A related interesting question is which of those QBs won't be here in 1 1/2 yrs since 4 scholly QBs are too many.
The problem is more that they are all so close in eligibility. Would be better if 1 was a senior 1 was a junior. I suspect only 2 are still at QB after this season. Most kids aren't willing to sit for 2 years.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
The problem is more that they are all so close in eligibility. Would be better if 1 was a senior 1 was a junior. I suspect only 2 are still at QB after this season. Most kids aren't willing to sit for 2 years.
Especially if the NCAA officially allows kids one free transfer with no restriction.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
We’re not likely to throw a freshman QB, redshirt or otherwise, to the wolves in week 1 against Clemson. A more interesting and difficult question would be who we think will be starting by the end of the season. For week 1, it will probably be Graham. By November, I could see Yates or Gleason taking over. I think Sims will need a little time but could end up overtaking the others after a year or so.
Best scenario. Of course, it depends on Graham.

techfan#14

Jolly Good Fellow
I am torn on what to expect next season at the QB position. I am almost 100% certain Graham starts multiple games at the start of the season. If he is unseated I believe it will be Yates that does so. As for the freshmen it would take a set of skills that we have not seen at QB in some time to get them serious play time. Either way I think we see vast improvement over last year!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I am torn on what to expect next season at the QB position. I am almost 100% certain Graham starts multiple games at the start of the season. If he is unseated I believe it will be Yates that does so. As for the freshmen it would take a set of skills that we have not seen at QB in some time to get them serious play time. Either way I think we see vast improvement over last year!
But Sims could be that one with a set of skills we have not seen in a long time . :)