Plug and Play Offense...

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Maybe if we recruited SEC type freshmen. Unfortunately we don't. Our kids really need that red shirt year to develop and get a handle on football at this level. I really think we have a lot of talent at the skill spots for the next few years. But this year you can tell what happens when we have to burn red shirts. This year although brutal should pay off going forward.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I still do honestly at the skill positions. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would go from great to absolute booboo on the OL after losing only 1 player. What I have learned from this season is you can't plug and play team chemistry and team leaders.

Agreed. If I had to pick one area that is the most responsible for this year's woes it'd be the offensive line. So disappointing.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Fumbles, personal foul, dropped pass...all upperclassmen who repeatedly shot us in the foot last night. Plug n play or not. The Freshmen made mistakes too, but it's the upperclassmen who haven't played up to expectations. It's hard to fault JT for his decision making when he can't count on any type of play being well executed by those around him, particularly when it comes to blocking.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
Part of playing a skill position is your ability to block. I'm not sure any skill guys block it's just not a breakdown of the o line that is causing JT to run for his life back there.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Part of playing a skill position is your ability to block. I'm not sure any skill guys block it's just not a breakdown of the o line that is causing JT to run for his life back there.

Agreed. No one on the team knows how to block right now. The one that was best at it quit last week...

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
I would have had Skov in on 2nd and 1 when we were up 14-0. We ran a pitch that lost 5 yards. We punted....they scored. Turning point in the game IMO.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I would have had Skov in on 2nd and 1 when we were up 14-0. We ran a pitch that lost 5 yards. We punted....they scored. Turning point in the game IMO.
Also Skov Was in on the last 2 plays of first half. I'm sure it was a ball security thing and sometimes when we just need to milk some clock I don't want to see Marshall or Allen on the field I don't care if they're better runners we can't cough up the pill in situations like that.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I still do honestly at the skill positions. Not in my wildest dreams did I think we would go from great to absolute booboo on the OL after losing only 1 player. What I have learned from this season is you can't plug and play team chemistry and team leaders.

This.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think AB is terribly impossible to plug and play, and I never really thought that until this year. Those were not NFL players, just experienced.

Off the field is key. Leadership is key. No team is that plug and play.

Every aspect of an offense has plug and play aspects to it...so by nature sure at some positions possibly sure. But our system has weaknesses, a fine line IMO, where its difficult to work around gross inexperience, like at AB, because they are so integral in blocking the run game, we can't work around as easily as a team that has TE weakness, where TE are not always in the run game etc. So because of that, I don't think we have a plug and play offense much at all....we need players in the system at least 3 years.