Please GT, get a new PA music person.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Put On is old, but from the band's perspective, it's been the defense's theme song since 2009. As for Turnt Up, I'm not sure they've played that more than 3 times since 2010.
Why did they stop playing that song? Makes no sense

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Few things on this...
Marketing and operations script down the game and have oversight of the PA. The people that used to put all of that together when the stadium was rocking in the late aughts aren’t here anymore. Also, as I recall, the board/sound operator isn’t in the stadium but on radio in a truck since we first re-did the board circa 08/09

Not in the stadium?!?! If there’s a good reason for that, I’d love to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechBurn

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm 67 y/o, and do not particularly like the music today, but if it will help with our student and athlete satisfaction, I'm all for changes! It seems that Coach Collins has a handle on what the kids like today, so I say let him run with it!! Some of the old favorites can be mixed in, but otherwise let's cater to the young student/athletes!

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Not in the stadium?!?! If there’s a good reason for that, I’d love to hear it.

IIRC, when they put the new board up in 08/09, it meant a big change in how it was controlled, so unless it’s changed with the later updates, it’s controlled from a truck. All of the comms are done via radio. Thus the delay for cuts by about a second or two.

It drove me crazy when I was on the podium back then, but it was less noticeable because the operations and marketing folks were all on the same page under DRad. Both groups have almost had 2 complete turnovers since it all was a well-oiled machine.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
IIRC, when they put the new board up in 08/09, it meant a big change in how it was controlled, so unless it’s changed with the later updates, it’s controlled from a truck. All of the comms are done via radio. Thus the delay for cuts by about a second or two.

It drove me crazy when I was on the podium back then, but it was less noticeable because the operations and marketing folks were all on the same page under DRad. Both groups have almost had 2 complete turnovers since it all was a well-oiled machine.

Wow! Thanks for the explanation.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
With the new coach it's time for a new PA guy with better music.

God. Showing my age (which isn't THAT old), but I always preferred Bobby Dodd when the band was the music. The PA recorded music just seems...out of place and distracting. Doesn't get the crowd into it any more than the band (if not less). So hopefully someone can figure it out. Or if not that, just do away with it altogether.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
God. Showing my age (which isn't THAT old), but I always preferred Bobby Dodd when the band was the music. The PA recorded music just seems...out of place and distracting. Doesn't get the crowd into it any more than the band (if not less). So hopefully someone can figure it out. Or if not that, just do away with it altogether.

The problem is the timing is terrible. If you go to other stadiums where it's actually done well it sounds great and gets the crowd way more hyped then the band playing songs.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Does Atlanta United use piped in music? Gotta love their crowd environment and we should emulate them....

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Does Atlanta United use piped in music? Gotta love their crowd environment and we should emulate them....
To a certain extent yes. They pipe it in pre game, halftime, post game, and during goals. During the gameplay, it’s all coming from the supporters.

The song selections are hype and relevant

GT_EE78

Banned
Let the PA stick to public service announcements,lineup and game related. What's the band there for if they have competition? at least if you're gonna let them play music ,ban the rap stuff and anything by "queen".