Please GT, get a new PA music person.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree 100%, this is what I'm talking about in terms of there needing to be someone who is watching the game and the crowd and can coordinate everything with the band and PA to maximize the crowd experience.
I suggest that this coordinator ought to be a student.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
True. But why would you want to the head coach to be worried about sheet music?

I hope this doesn't come across as snark, but aren't you the person who ran a company and talked about changing a culture? The coach shouldn't be given free reign over the entire athletic department, but coaches today do more than teach practice and call plays on Saturday.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I hope this doesn't come across as snark, but aren't you the person who ran a company and talked about changing a culture? The coach shouldn't be given free reign over the entire athletic department, but coaches today do more than teach practice and call plays on Saturday.

That's fine, no offense taken. But isn't the AD in charge of this?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
You surely can't think that the stadium PA man does even a half-way decent job. The only game this year that he played decent, crowd-stirring music was the Miami game. All the other games were garbage.

At the Miami game, I think they started playing House of Pain’s “Jump Around” twice and then abruptly stopped it for no reason. I think they let it play on a third try but nobody cared at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the Miami game, I think they started playing House of Pain’s “Jump Around” twice and then abruptly stopped it for no reason. I think they let it play on a third try but nobody cared at that point.

The one in particular I remember from that game was "Sweet Caroline". The place was jumpin'

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I’m remembering the UVA game. What I’m referring to happened at one of the night games. But yeah, a lot of folks like Sweet Caroline.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
That's fine, no offense taken. But isn't the AD in charge of this?

That's fair and my guess is that he currently is, but if Collins thinks he can get his players more pumped up with new music I suspect he will let TStan know and Collins will have more of a say in these things than Paul did.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
That's fair and my guess is that he currently is, but if Collins thinks he can get his players more pumped up with new music I suspect he will let TStan know and Collins will have more of a say in these things than Paul did.

I don’t know about the players. When I played sports, I never even heard the PA. Crowd noise though, definitely. I’d like to see the selections pump up the crowd ...

I went to the SEC Championship Game and the Roll Tide cheers we’re deafening. I want THAT. Except YELLOW JACKETS

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I want GT band to play more than Jeezy’s Put On.
Collins had a scholarship DJ at Temple. Can you imagine that in Atlanta.
Yea, I’m with ya on “Put On” That song is 10 years old now. Most kids on the team were 10 when that came out! And same with “All the way turnt up” too!

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I put my vote in for DJ Esco...."Let's Gooooooooo"
Hell, I’ll take DJ Jazzy Jeff! Anything is better than what’s going on now! I brought friends to a game last year and they were all like WTF? How can your team and fans get fired up on a 3rd down with this?!? I wasn’t at the UVA game but from what you could hear on tv it sounded like my 7 year old nephew was playing and mixing in the music...

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
It’s a good thing people like you aren’t in charge or our recruiting ranking would be dead last. Some of you, and probably due to age, not incontinence, simply don’t get it.
If you are going to ridicule us older people, I fixed your post for you.

For the record, I'm 60+, but I don't mind the music if it is getting the players and students pumped up. My issue is randomly playing loud music without considering what the band, cheerleaders, or team is are doing. There were a couple of times this year when the players were in a huddle during time outs and they had to motion for it to be quieter since the music was cranked up so loud. That's on top of the music starting in the middle of the band playing or the Yellow--Jacket cheer several times.

Last edited: