Please GT, get a new PA music person.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
No
Our entire fan base is not north of 60 years old
Right, the 18-35 demographic is super into hearing all the music they have on their phones, just on speakers 1000x ****tier than comes with those phones. They are also super turned off by students contributing to gameday.

Pffffffffffft.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
If it's done well you can play a good mix of songs that everyone likes you just have to have timing and understanding of the environment. Have communication between the band, the cheerleaders, the pa system, and someone overseeing it all. Quick timeout because our coach needs to talk things over with the guys let the band play a quick song, tv timeout and we need some energy get the pa guy to play a song to get the team fired up. During some of the long tv breaks you can squeeze some songs in for the older folks in the crowd as well. It just takes coordination and parts wanting to work together. We're in the heart of Atlanta with amazing music from multiple genres. We should be pushing that and using it to our advantage.

Animal02

Banned
Supersize, I’m old enough that I can remember singing Sweet Caroline before anyone sang Bump Bump Bummmm during the song. But I was singing that part of the song as well the 1 time it was played this year (as were most people in the stands). Why only once?
SC is the Pitt "song" at the end of the third. No need to copy them.

Animal02

Banned
Aa
I don't think Pitt is the only one that uses SC. Maybe they are at the end of the 3rd quarter, but not in general. Regardless, SC was a song the PA used that actually worked. I'm sure there are others that would work as well.
Well, apparently we are going to copy every other offense in the country....might as well copy their music. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

crut

Helluva Engineer
So at one point in the Virginia game we played "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton and no one was hype. This was played after we scored and TV went to commerical. Then, the PA was playing hip-hop songs after Virignia scored.

Both of these songs have their place, but they need to be switched. Make the atmosphere lame when the other team does well, make it hype when we do well. Not hard.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So at one point in the Virginia game we played "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton and no one was hype. This was played after we scored and TV went to commerical. Then, the PA was playing hip-hop songs after Virignia scored.

Both of these songs have their place, but they need to be switched. Make the atmosphere lame when the other team does well, make it hype when we do well. Not hard.

I couldn’t for the life of me figure out wtf was up with that thousand miles song at the time. Not a bad song generally but...at that moment? Smh

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
So at one point in the Virginia game we played "A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton and no one was hype. This was played after we scored and TV went to commerical.

Good Lord. Did we really play that? I was at the game but I don’t remember the song. I must’ve been blissfully distracted after the TD and not paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

I'm pretty sure it was actually played when we forced UVA into the 3rd and 32 or whatever it was. They were lining up and BDS was really loud. Then they called a timeout and then they played 1000 miles. All that to say, it was worse timing than you're remembering haha

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow

I'll never be able to hear that song without thinking of Terry Crews.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea, I’m with ya on “Put On” That song is 10 years old now. Most kids on the team were 10 when that came out! And same with “All the way turnt up” too!
Put On is old, but from the band's perspective, it's been the defense's theme song since 2009. As for Turnt Up, I'm not sure they've played that more than 3 times since 2010.

Dirty Jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Right, the 18-35 demographic is super into hearing all the music they have on their phones, just on speakers 1000x ****tier than comes with those phones. They are also super turned off by students contributing to gameday.

Pffffffffffft.

To clarify, our PA is pathetic and amateur. A deaf idiot must run it because the timing of the whole thing makes no sense. They play the same few awful rap songs all game. The few times the fans have a chance to get a YJ chant or otherwise going the PA plays the rap song or some advertisement and drowns out the crowd noise. That’s amateur. The 2009 VT game is a good example of how the PA should compliment the flow of the game. I have a feeling this won’t be lost on Geoff and it will be addressed early.

burdell151

Jolly Good Fellow
Few things on this...
Marketing and operations script down the game and have oversight of the PA. The people that used to put all of that together when the stadium was rocking in the late aughts aren’t here anymore. Also, as I recall, the board/sound operator isn’t in the stadium but on radio in a truck since we first re-did the board circa 08/09