Player suspensions

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not sure how you keep him away as long as he buys a ticket and does not cause problems during a game.

Well, the problems he's attempting to cause outside the game are leading to (possible) problems (i.e. player unavailability) during games.

Not sure how you cannot keep away a person specifically targeting the program (and anyone in it) for harm. Give him his money back for any ticket purchased and ask him to vacate the campus.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
You can keep people out of any sporting event - the team/school/business right.

Most recently the Red Sox banned the guy who yelled the N word for life from Fenway Park. Now they got to see him and catch him when he comes in but he has been served that he is banned. There are multiple precedents for it. You just have to be able to recognize the person and "exercise your right" to kick him out.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
First off, I am 100% not this Ron dude. Huge Tech fan.
Second, I just wanna go ahead and apologize to @Jumpman
Third, THWg and Go jackets!

Too late, "Ron". You've been dox'd. :snaphappy:

Of course, I'm totally kidding.

I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning @Jumpman . However, he's built up some credibility over the past few months (weeks?) so the extent to which you questioned his info was what I think many were taken aback by.

Anyways, I propose we all just move forward and get gear'd up for what should be a good season.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It says on the back of each ticket that they can kick you out for breaking the arena’s and school’s rules.
Hopefully CJP has also told him that the privileged access he had to the program is history. If his only means of hurting the program are via Twitter then he will be pretty harmless. Given he lives in AZ and has to spend a ton of $ to get to ATL, maybe his passion for hurting the program will subside.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You can keep people out of any sporting event - the team/school/business right.

Most recently the Red Sox banned the guy who yelled the N word for life from Fenway Park. Now they got to see him and catch him when he comes in but he has been served that he is banned. There are multiple precedents for it. You just have to be able to recognize the person and "exercise your right" to kick him out.

To add to this, if you’re banned from a venue but get tickets anyway and go, you can (and depending on what you did to get banned, will) be charged with trespassing. It’s a big enough threat that most banned people don’t risk it.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Of course, if you ban someone, you have to be prepared for the court of public opinion. Not everyone will support a school's decision to ban a guy after they invited him into their innermost circle. You also have to be prepared to justify why you ban him and then differentiate why he is different than anyone else who has ever bought a ticket before. Think that's why very few schools ever go to that extreme. It's much easier to ignore the guy and he'll go away. Ban him and you invite long-lasting scrutiny and (in this case) possible legal challenge from a guy with more money than common sense

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Of course, if you ban someone, you have to be prepared for the court of public opinion. Not everyone will support a school's decision to ban a guy after they invited him into their innermost circle. You also have to be prepared to justify why you ban him and then differentiate why he is different than anyone else who has ever bought a ticket before. Think that's why very few schools ever go to that extreme. It's much easier to ignore the guy and he'll go away. Ban him and you invite long-lasting scrutiny and (in this case) possible legal challenge from a guy with more money than common sense

In this particular situation, given the case likely implicates the agitator as part of the root cause of the violation, you can put a blanket ban from campus on the individual. I think there's precedence for this in GTAA history.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
In this particular situation, given the case likely implicates the agitator as part of the root cause of the violation, you can put a blanket ban from campus on the individual. I think there's precedence for this in GTAA history.

From a pragmatic point of view, how does this play out. Would a school literally have people walking around looking for this guy, or anyone? What are the chances of catching someone?

What about him showing up at road games?