PJ presser

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I know this is already posted on the recruiting forum, but a lot of you guys don't go over there.

A lot of good info in this, especially about TaQuan Marshall. He's the #1 qb, no question, gentlemen. It's his job to lose, I don't see that happening.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
TaQuon better improve then. More of last year will get CPJ on the hot seat. I think we’ll be better this year. Unfortunately, Kirby has ramped up georgie’s recruiting, so it might take a few years for us to compete with them again. Then again, in 2012 I thought we’d never beat them again.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
I know this is already posted on the recruiting forum, but a lot of you guys don't go over there.

A lot of good info in this, especially about TaQuan Marshall. He's the #1 qb, no question, gentlemen. It's his job to lose, I don't see that happening.

If he has another stat padding game in the season opener without showing the ability to make reads or pass or pitch the ball he will be out of there. I thought that Lucas Johnson had the best game of the three (scholarship) QBs on the field in the spring game last year. If he shows up TM and doesn't get the job he will be gone just like Jay Jones. And if TM doesn't show any improvement but retains the starting position CPJ may learn a hard lesson about being married to one QB a la CG/RB.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
If he has another stat padding game in the season opener without showing the ability to make reads or pass or pitch the ball he will be out of there. I thought that Lucas Johnson had the best game of the three (scholarship) QBs on the field in the spring game last year. If he shows up TM and doesn't get the job he will be gone just like Jay Jones. And if TM doesn't show any improvement but retains the starting position CPJ may learn a hard lesson about being married to one QB a la CG/RB.
I agree with you than when TM is named the starting QB that more quarterbacks will transfer(y)

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for the info I though TM had two years left;)

TAQUON MARSHALL
12718872.jpeg

CLASS:Senior
HOMETOWN:Hamilton, Ga.
HIGH SCHOOL:Harris County
HEIGHT / WEIGHT:5-10 / 185
POSITION:QB

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think you may need one of these:

th

1. CPJ wants to win.
2. CPJ is not married to TM, he already has a wife.
3. If the guy who designed the offense and knows it better than anybody else on the planet says guy A is better than guy B at qb, I'm gonna believe him.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

th

1. CPJ wants to win.
3. If the guy who designed the offense and knows it better than anybody else on the planet says guy A is better than guy B at qb, I'm gonna believe him.

From team stand point have to agree with the if coach statement . I get that your faith in coach is absolute.

As the end of season 14 run becomes distant behind the disaster of 15, a good 16 w the mills phenom, and end of year 17 fade against virginia and duke, 18 will be big on how coach is viewed at gt.

I think coach could care less what people think - absolute loyalty or doubters. He is a hard working , smart man that wants his team to play hard and smart . He has been a lot more proactive since 15 - when he said he would" fix it ". Its was up or out w a gt legend, got w t stan on lockers, recruiting.

Imo i think he is hitting stride and the coming year we will see a hard charging team that makes plays.

Still lots of hurdles. Should we end 18 like 17 by losing against teams like virginia and duke where offense collapses (Qb cant be ineffectiveness running when getting over half the plays and then throw ming 36 times for 9 completions and 3 int), could be very bad.

Lets support the staff and choosen players but still have some spirited discussions on swarm

Never lose to Duke

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

th

1. CPJ wants to win.

How will you feel if TQ plays just like last year, no other qb ever gets a shot and we miss another bowl?

Ok, so here is what 2018 looks like to me. We start with a an easy game, good. USF will be down because they lost 90% of their offense. Well I could go on about schedule etc but here is what I see in our team.
1. TM is now a second year starter and he is explosive
2. Benson is a second year starter and look for Howard to add more
3. We are very good at A back with three returning.
4. O line might be a bit thin but the guys we have are good. If the guy from Ole Miss can play it helps.
5. Our kickers are now older and stronger
6. we may have the best punter in the nation.
7. Get ready for a Defense that may give up a big play or two but look for them to create havoc and give CPJ 2 extra possessions per game.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
TaQuon better improve then. More of last year will get CPJ on the hot seat. I think we’ll be better this year. Unfortunately, Kirby has ramped up georgie’s recruiting, so it might take a few years for us to compete with them again. Then again, in 2012 I thought we’d never beat them again.

I think one (just one) problem with TaQuon is that he's a bit on the small side. He may be our best option, but I hope someone bigger and stronger emerges, and one with a stronger arm. TaQuon is a fast and elusive runner in the open field, but getting there has been a problem. Jackets are fast and elusive in the backfield, but lack the size and strength to break tackles (except at B-back).

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We will never know how good or bad our other QB's are unless he plays them. I have been totally disappointed by how PJ has handled his QB situation. He's the guy that heading into the season said that all 4 were starters. He had opportunities last year to play LJ - duke game - and didn't. He has created his own catch 22. TQ will be the starter unless hurt and we will struggle against the better teams unless he really improves his passing this year. I hope to see a big improvement.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
He also said in the presser that he hoped that LJ AND TO would step up and earn some playing time. Said TQ was getting too beat up and needed to be spelled a series or two. If this is legitimate, then it is possible that one of them could steal the starting job if they got some playing time.
Sounds like coach speak to me. Other than the one season with Vad Lee, when have you seen a 2nd QB play under CPJ at Tech?