#PittvsGT Postgame

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Before this game against Pitt, ‘ol Coach (?) Collins said that his Georgia Tech football team “finally clicked” against Clemson.

Well … ‘ol Coach Narduzzi and his Pitt Panthers football team unclicked them.

Click … click …. click … lick!

Licked! What a lopsided licking.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We definitely did not deserve to win the game, but boy i've never had two games in a row where it felt like the refs were in the other team's pocket. Was very frustrating to watch.
I am in favor of blaming bad officiating like the bad calls we had last week when I was at the Benz. But when we give up 42 in the first half, I am not blaming anyone but ourselves.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The Tech players, coaches, and the referees helped a good team beat us bad. If we give Pitt our best game and if we didn’t have bush league officiating, I think we still lose a close one. I did like how our guys kept fighting even though everything was blowing up in their face. Let’s go take our frustrations out on Puke.

By the way, a water bottle was launched into the Pitt bench from my section and I’ve never heard a “REF U SUCK” chant before. Lots of frustration.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Honestly, I didn't think the officiating was that bad. Last week I thought it was bad. This week it simply felt like the better team got better calls, that is not unusual. Also, on holding calls refs are more likely to call that in space then they are in the trenches. (Not saying that is right, but I believe that is what refs do).

It feels better to blame just about anything else, but quite simply, GT did not play well today and Pitt played very well.
Hopefully we get a much better performance next week.

I expect Pitt will beat UNC, UNC has to travel to Pitt and they have been an awful road team.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I thought prior to the UNC game, tech better be 3-3 going into the bye week to be considered improving. There’s still a shot at that as long as officiating is fair.
At 2-3, beating Duke is critical or the season will unravel for sure. The bad news is that it gets a whole lot tougher after Duke. I am holding to my preseason prediction of 4 wins.

slugboy

Staff member
I’m not sure what to expect from here on out. VT has shown some potential, Pitt has shown potential and is consistent. We’ve shown potential and just lost to Pitt, so we’re behind. The ACC Wheel of Fortune (or Circle of Suck) is REALLY powerful, though.

Wow, is the ACC Circle of Suck powerful.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure what to expect from here on out. VT has shown some potential, Pitt has shown potential and is consistent. We’ve shown potential and just lost to Pitt, so we’re behind. The ACC Wheel of Fortune (or Circle of Suck) is REALLY powerful, though.

Wow, is the ACC Circle of Suck powerful.
As opposed to the SEC Platform of Suck, where ten teams that totally suck prop up the rankings of the other four—because losing in an SEC matchup is equivalent to winning a game in any other conference matchup.

kalld12

Banned
I don't blame the fact that both tipped balls landed in Pitts hand on him as that is dumb luck but he could have prevented the tipped balls. On the first one you need to get the ball higher if you are throwing over the middle. On the second that pressure was coming hard so he either needed to step out of it before he threw, get the ball out faster, or just take the sack.

I do give him credit for turning it around after that and having as good of a game as he could have given the questionable play calls and atrocious OL play.
This ^ Sims needs to make better decisions and take care of the football, but otherwise I’ve changed my tune on Yates over Sims. Sims just is too much of an athlete, and if he can control his turnovers will be a hell of a QB during his tenure at GT. Hopefully he takes this game and learns from it. On ward and upward! Go jackets!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Before this game against Pitt, ‘ol Coach (?) Collins said that his Georgia Tech football team “finally clicked” against Clemson.

Well … ‘ol Coach Narduzzi and his Pitt Panthers football team unclicked them.

Click … click …. click … lick!

Licked! What a lopsided licking.
Almost like they knew what was coming before we did.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
This ^ Sims needs to make better decisions and take care of the football, but otherwise I’ve changed my tune on Yates over Sims. Sims just is too much of an athlete, and if he can control his turnovers will be a hell of a QB during his tenure at GT. Hopefully he takes this game and learns from it. On ward and upward! Go jackets!
After watching the replay on the first pick, the left guard definitely missed picking up the block on the stunt. The defensive end shouldn’t be that deep into the backfield to tip that throw. On the second interception you could argue he held the ball too long but the OL didn’t help.

I didn’t see much of the game live, and obviously we played poorly, but have we made many go to goal stops to force field goals. I feel like we are losing games because we can’t punch it in during goal to go and we give up TDs 100% of the time. May not have made a huge difference in this game but we need to hold teams to more FG attempts

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I had to turn that off before halftime it was that bad. Did anybody end up having a good game worth recognizing in the 2nd half?