Pittsburgh (-9) vs Georgia Tech

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
While I am very optimistic about the program in general, I am not terribly optimistic about this season. Just too many things working against us this year. But you never know what can happen if the kids keep working hard and stay bought in. One thing I like to see is we fight to the death.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We have to get more production on offense. A TD with a fumble in the endzone is maybe once every season at best and another on ST which will be watched now. Mason is running well and JG is getting better. Time for a bigger jump by the O. Would be great to see a pick 6.

Deleted member 2897

Ken Suckura wrote an article about 3 reasons we might win some more games and 3 reasons why not. Prompted me to go look up some numbers.

Over the last 3 years, we are 17-4 when we score at least 30 points. Those 4 games were (a) the USF debacle in 2018, (b) the 1 point failed 2pt conversion against TN in 2017 when we had 700 yards of offense, (c) the 4-pt debacle loss at Virginia in 2017, and (d) a last second FG at Pitt in 2016 that hit the upright but went in. That's it...so we had a real chance to even win those 4 games.

30 still feels like our magical number, or close to it.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Going to feel a little like being in Pittsburgh on Saturday.

upload_2019-10-30_8-56-56.png

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
There will be about 40 of us from my frat coming into town for the game. Some coming from Arizona Wyoming Texas the Carolinas Maryland and Virginia as well as local. We are alums from the late 60's and this is or 10th year coming back for HC. Always a blast and enjoy walking around campus. Best choice I ever made (other than my wife) was coming to Tech.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
There will be about 40 of us from my frat coming into town for the game. Some coming from Arizona Wyoming Texas the Carolinas Maryland and Virginia as well as local. We are alums from the late 60's and this is or 10th year coming back for HC. Always a blast and enjoy walking around campus. Best choice I ever made (other than my wife) was coming to Tech.

Awesome!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Where is the prediction thread? We need to have 75% of us vote for Pitt by 14+ again to jinx ourselves into winning again.

We haven't lost a football game in almost 3 weeks!

Of course we must do our part here on the internet or else we are doomed. But I think continous improvement and effectively running the FB as we did against Miami is the other 3-7% that goes into winning a game!;)

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
We have a good bit of momentum. Beating Miami (they kinda beat themselves but that is semantics) when were a big underdog is a boost. Then we crushed our bye week opponent.....

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
Taking Tech all day here. Pitt plays up or down to their competition every week. This will be a close game.

Ga tech

Georgia Tech Fan
There is no such state as Wyoming.

LibertyTurns

Banned
True but if P'nut will call the game like he did against Miami and keep the ball even if we don't score it gives the defense time to rest, which is a good thing.
In the AUC P’nut said “avoid 3rd and long”. Our offense is not built for 3rd and long. Man’s a genius.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
In the AUC P’nut said “avoid 3rd and long”. Our offense is not built for 3rd and long. Man’s a genius.

Someone needs to invent the offense that prefers 3rd and long. The market has been screaming for one for all the years I've watched football. These coaches must not be very entrepenuerial, there is a fortune to be made....I' do it myself but I am busy at the moment.;)