Pittsburgh (-9) vs Georgia Tech

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
The dynamic is hard to figure out w/ us. For most teams at this point of the season you are thinking “it is what it is and they are who they are”. With us, we probably aren’t what we were the previous week (or two weeks in this case). Here’s hoping the trajectory is up.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to be a debbie downer, but realize we needed several key mistakes by Miami to win. That's not to diminish our win by any means; we had our own mistakes that helped Miami. Before we can reliably and regularly win, we need to reduce our mistakes. I think it bodes well we had several sustained drives against Miami even if we didn't get points out of all of them, it shows the team is learning the lessons our coaches are teaching and at the same time our coaches are learning what our players are capable of executing. Making mistakes is correctable, but it's a process and one lesson not learned overnight.

I think both players and coaches have reached a point mutual learning where we're capable of winning games, but I don't know where we are in the process of correcting mistakes.

Anyway, looking forward to the Pitt game!

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
We beat Miami because we started to run the ball successfully (for the first time all year...on a consistent basis).

Can we do that to Pitt? Key to the game, imho...

Not only that but we also were able to put a little bit of pressure on the QB. Not a ton, but more than in the previous games. And similarly the question is whether we can do that to Pitt.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Pitt is solid and has shown a lot more than we have. But I like this to be close as their strength is their passing game which plays to our stronger Dbackfield. Teams that worry me a lot are the ones that are simply going to line up and run it down our throat like Duke did. We aren't stout enough yet. This one should be a fun watch. fingers crossed

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Pitt is solid and has shown a lot more than we have. But I like this to be close as their strength is their passing game which plays to our stronger Dbackfield. Teams that worry me a lot are the ones that are simply going to line up and run it down our throat like Duke did. We aren't stout enough yet. This one should be a fun watch. fingers crossed

Not that your wrong, but this sentence just makes me want to puke.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Run the ball, keep it short in the passing game, and move the sticks. Play ball control. Watch that Ffrench man. And get some pressure on Pickett or he'll hurt us.
I really agree with this "Run the ball, keep it short in the passing game and move the sticks". I actually think our offensive line is starting to improve. We've got to slow down their defensive line and we've got to score offensive touchdowns. We can win this game.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Still not feeling it yet. The win over Miami was a great win, but it is too early to tell whether that was the result of continuing improvement or just one of those games when the stars aligned in our favor. I still see this as a two-steps-forward-one-step-back season. The Miami game was two steps forward. I’m thinking Pitt may be one-step back.

That may be true but make no mistake this team will play hard. That is the one constant in this season of sorrows. Make no mistake, Coach Collins will discover that beating Miami, Clemson or UGA will make a lot of people forget the bad games. I still have a good feeling just from beating Miami especially after watching them stonewall Pitt.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The dynamic is hard to figure out w/ us. For most teams at this point of the season you are thinking “it is what it is and they are who they are”. With us, we probably aren’t what we were the previous week (or two weeks in this case). Here’s hoping the trajectory is up.

If WE don't know who we are how do you expect opposing coaches to figure out who we are? In fact, you could say that about most of the teams in the Coastal, maybe all of them. Certainly Miami is an enigma.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
They probably thought the games against Delaware and Ohio would be "cakewalks" as well and both of them turned into being more than Pitt bargained for. I don't know what to really expect from us coming off a bye week but I am pretty sure we will give Pitt just about all they want.
They played through some injuries against Delaware -- Pickett and the starting running back were out. And they were up 17-0 on Ohio.

Seems like they do not have the running game to score in the red zone. If we can win the turnover margin, we have a good shot.

Sidewalking

Banned
The coastal is garbage. Tech is past the midway point of the season. Pitt doesn't have a talent advantage. If the game isn't competitive it will be an indictment on the coaching staff coming off a bye. May not be a W but it should be a good game.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Pitt tries that (mostly unsuccessfully this season) they line up in old school jumbo packages and try to run it, hopefully we can stop it