Pittsburgh (-9) vs Georgia Tech

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
A lot of money coming in on Tech. Already moved to 8.

I actually think we win this one.

We are finding an identity and we may run with it.

Don't be surprised if we run the table till the ugag game.

Jmonty71

Banned

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Thank you for the correction. His name is indeed Ffrench and he is a fine player. Nonetheless, they are only averaging 21 points a game and are only giving up 21 points a game. Their team stats are as tight as they can be. They are limited on offense because they struggle to run the ball and put everything on Pickett who is a good player but not good enough to carry a team. In spite of it all, they have won 4 games (I think) and lost to Miami, Penn State, and UVA. The only true blowout loss was to UVA in the first game. Can't remember if they beat Duke or lost but it was a nail biter just like Miami either way. They are a 9 point favorite and their board is mystified by that number given how much they have struggled on offense. Still they fully expect to beat us, just like Miami did. Funny that. Really tough team to throw the ball long on because of their pass rush.

Run the ball, keep it short in the passing game, and move the sticks. Play ball control. Watch that Ffrench man. And get some pressure on Pickett or he'll hurt us. The number seems a bit high to me, too. I'm betting this one will be close.

Deleted member 2897

I love our team and want us to win and believe we can beat almost anybody left on our schedule if we have a good day. But, at the same time, I am realistic. Our offense scored 7 points against Miami in regulation.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'm still hedging my bets on this season, but I think this game will be very competitive ... you have to like the mojo for us with a week off after a big win vs. Miami and Pitt coming here the week after a tough loss to Miami.
Didn't check the weather but with the 4:00 start should be a good home field crowd for us !

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
I love our team and want us to win and believe we can beat almost anybody left on our schedule if we have a good day. But, at the same time, I am realistic. Our offense scored 7 points against Miami in regulation.

Because we all know those other touchdowns don't count

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I watched the Pitt-Miami game. Pitt made a lot of mistakes. I can't imagine them playing that poorly two weeks in a row.

Deleted member 2897

Another random stat which has no impact or relevance to anything. :D In the last 12+ years, we've only lost 1 single ACC game when we had a Bye week, but our opponent did not. That was the @Miami game a couple years ago when it was a monsoon and they had the double deflection fourth down miracle catch to win by 1 point.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Still not feeling it yet. The win over Miami was a great win, but it is too early to tell whether that was the result of continuing improvement or just one of those games when the stars aligned in our favor. I still see this as a two-steps-forward-one-step-back season. The Miami game was two steps forward. I’m thinking Pitt may be one-step back.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, I think at one point they led the nation in sacks.....so we don't need to be doing any drop back passing. Run the ball outside and speed options to set up play action. 70-30 run to pass is the right mix and we will win. Also their offense is anemic.
Fortunately we can't drop back pass on good days, so this lines up perfectly for us :)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Still not feeling it yet. The win over Miami was a great win, but it is too early to tell whether that was the result of continuing improvement or just one of those games when the stars aligned in our favor. I still see this as a two-steps-forward-one-step-back season. The Miami game was two steps forward. I’m thinking Pitt may be one-step back.
This is my fear as well.

In truth, I don’t think ANYONE knows what Saturday will bring.