Pitt's fanbase is INSANE

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I kind of get a chuckle when I read TECH fans making fun of armPITT for empty seats in a 70+ thousand seat stadium. Calling for coaches heads after two consecutive losses has never happened here either.

We need to be ready to play in a few days. That is all I have to say.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I remember after 14 I was hoping that next year we would play so well that opposing coaches would be fired. We didn't cause anyone to loose their job.

Do I dare hope we play so well that the Pitt coach gets more of the hot seat? I really think we can block this team.

No we should not wish I'll on anyone but uga. I hope still win big against pitt.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of Hot Seats. I can't remember a year with so many so early.
LSU, ND, A&M, Auburn, UT, UCLA, Arkansas, and the list goes on.
Of course, it's only September.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Just visited a couple of their message boards. Their coach is in his third year, and went 8-5 in each of his first two seasons.

They're coming off a pair of losses to top 10 foes and they're losing their mind. Calling for the dcs head. Calling for the head coaches head. Saying they'll never compete.

Good grief! Talk about unrealistic expectations.
look what they did to their basketball program already. Bet they wish they still had Jamie Dixon

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I love your OL perspective in every post ice!

Curious, do you think we can block Clem, Miami and VT?
It all starts in the middle and we are so solid.
On the sides our o t and a b (a b especially 31, 22, 28) are coming up to speed at blocking for each other. 1 seems a little light in the point of attack but he is really fast in space. Starting W r are solid and 80 is very physical for his age!

U know best if we will be getting several Dennis Andrews level blocking and ruhnning a b when we play the teams u named.

My guess in reverse order.
We can beat v t if we are ready for the defense used by Jax state but run by better athletes. I think qb to w r passes will burn them badly.
Miami - will try to beat us by an athlete on athlete in the trenches. We will play that to a draw and coach will defeat that with blocking calls and counter plays. The extra bye for us is huge. Shamire will be important.
Clemson. Their new lb is way big and fast so blocking him as well as giant d t will be very tough. Maybe we could in acc champ when hitting on all cylinders but I doubt it mid year. Only way is defensive scores circa 2014.

I hope to see more complex a b pass patterns (22 came across formation for wide open pass - other a b and w r long).

What's your take.

This team can be very good

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
It’s rough to be embarrassed twice in three games and almost lose to Youngstown State. I’m not much a believer in Narduzzi, but sheesh.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It all starts in the middle and we are so solid.
On the sides our o t and a b (a b especially 31, 22, 28) are coming up to speed at blocking for each other. 1 seems a little light in the point of attack but he is really fast in space. Starting W r are solid and 80 is very physical for his age!

U know best if we will be getting several Dennis Andrews level blocking and ruhnning a b when we play the teams u named.

My guess in reverse order.
We can beat v t if we are ready for the defense used by Jax state but run by better athletes. I think qb to w r passes will burn them badly.
Miami - will try to beat us by an athlete on athlete in the trenches. We will play that to a draw and coach will defeat that with blocking calls and counter plays. The extra bye for us is huge. Shamire will be important.
Clemson. Their new lb is way big and fast so blocking him as well as giant d t will be very tough. Maybe we could in acc champ when hitting on all cylinders but I doubt it mid year. Only way is defensive scores circa 2014.

I hope to see more complex a b pass patterns (22 came across formation for wide open pass - other a b and w r long).

What's your take.

This team can be very good
If we get Andy back, it'll be a big boost to OL. It underscores how having healthy players is so critical to success.

The skill corps is better, but still not up to '14 standard yet. The potential is there, just not there yet.