Pitt

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Trust me, if you are over age 50, you can't sleep until you feel like getting up. Your bladder makes sure of that several times per night.
I'm 53 and blessed not to be at that stage ... Yet... I understand that if we live long enough, all makes will experience that and the 4 minutes needed to take a whiz

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Just wrapping up the game now. My thoughts. I know, you were all waiting

• The Lammers block on one end and finish by JMo on the other was great. Justin is starting to show some confidence going to the hole
  • I thought the reffing was fine
  • The Artis 3 pt play after 2 missed FTs are things we absolutely need to avoid
  • Our best offense is still Lammers on the elbow going to work with either a handoff screen or finding the cutter
  • We occupied a warehouse sized space in 38 yr old Michael Young's head almost the whole game with the airball chant. Gillon, Young and Dennis Smith all victims of our student section this year
  • Thought JMo and Heath player very well together with JOk on the bench
  • Gaudio around the 7 minute mark said we were a "lock" for the dance if we won last night. Do I think that? No. We aren't a lock unless we win 3 in Brooklyn. But I like where his heads at.
  • Things are always better when Jax hits his first shot
  • I prefer 44 Lambo to spot up at the high post then that wrong foot wrong shoulder awkward looking fadeaway. He does not look like Nowitzki. It goes in so ok.
  • JOk is a winner. He's clutch. Hope he's a 4 yr guy
  • Josh Heath is not as good as Haji made him out to be. But he's a whole hell of a lot better than I have ever gave him credit for. Our tournament (s) run (s) will depend a great deal on how he plays.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Hard to blame the guys too much on not getting the rebound on the missed FTs. It's not often a missed FT results in a long rebound.

It'll be interesting to see this team of we can have a PG who can score. Heath putting up 9 alone provides a much needed dynamic.

As bad as Q was in the first half (and he was very bad) he finally settled down and played some good offense. When we don't notice him on the floor is when Q is at his best. His layup to take the lead was a huge boost. I like how he actually went hard at the basket with his head up. Usually he's trying to do too much dribbling and his head's always down.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Hard to blame the guys too much on not getting the rebound on the missed FTs. It's not often a missed FT results in a long rebound.

It'll be interesting to see this team of we can have a PG who can score. Heath putting up 9 alone provides a much needed dynamic.

As bad as Q was in the first half (and he was very bad) he finally settled down and played some good offense. When we don't notice him on the floor is when Q is at his best. His layup to take the lead was a huge boost. I like how he actually went hard at the basket with his head up. Usually he's trying to do too much dribbling and his head's always down.

The ole Clyde Drexler move...

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
A few interesting observations after reviewing the game stats,
  • Q and Lammers garnered 10 of the team total 33 rebounds. Guards did a good job hitting the boards
  • Lammers had his second lowest rebound total for the season of 4. He had 3 during the Miami game.
  • Our bench outscored theirs 8 - 1. Not sure when I've seen low output like this from benches.

BeeRBee

Jolly Good Fellow
I prefer 44 Lambo to spot up at the high post then that wrong foot wrong shoulder awkward looking fadeaway. He does not look like Nowitzki. It goes in so ok.
A quote from Lammers about Coach Reveno and that fadeaway shot, from an AJC article in January:

“I’m not going to say he’s a big fan of it, but it’s like, he sees it goes in a fair amount of times, so then he’s like, Well, I guess you’re going to shoot it, so we might as well work with it.”

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After watching this game one comment I want to make. Okogie didn't have a huge offensive game (at least until about the last 3 min), but he was all over the floor at both ends. He won alot of 50/50 balls, grabbed a ton of rebounds and was really active on defense. One of his rebounds he literally took right out of the hands of the Pitt player.

Great to see the effort even when not scoring alot. if you watch Pitt players they are the opposite. if their shots are falling, they play harder on defense, they rebound harder. But if they stop falling they let it affect the other parts of the game.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It's a Large. I definitely want to keep the white out shirt - I love that one. Just torn on the gold.
If you decide to let it go I'll buy it. Just PM me if you want. No pressure. None at all. Don't feel like you have too. I'd really like both but again, no pressure to sell either. It's ok if you don't. I'll survive but I would really like them both but one will do..... lol
Let me know. I'll pay well if you're interested. Thanks