Pitt, Baseball

How many games will GT win versus Pitt? (Assume 3 games played)

Votes: 12 38.7%

Votes: 13 41.9%

Votes: 5 16.1%

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That was pretty much as big a display of douchebaggery from a baseball HC as you’re likely to see in college baseball. ACC needs to suspend him a game or two.

They also need to reprimand those umps. Not throwing out their catcher immediately was one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen from an umpiring crew in a situation like that.
Will never surpass the d-bag level of Tennessee’s coach.

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
That was pretty much as big a display of douchebaggery from a baseball HC as you’re likely to see in college baseball. ACC needs to suspend him a game or two.

They also need to reprimand those umps. Not throwing out their catcher immediately was one of the oddest things I’ve ever seen from an umpiring crew in a situation like that.
And not tossing their pitcher after obviously throwing at Compton was even more negligent by umpiring crew.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
GT radio guy was saying no way it was intentional. Apparently it was a pretty slow curve ball

Slow curve (82-85?) that hit him in the middle of the back. Wiley and Dusty thought it was unintentional too.

I think the pitcher should have been thrown out given the background. Intentions are hard to know; actions are provable.

Well, we won the series at home against one of the lowest ranked ACC teams. Lost about 30 RPI points for the weekend. This weekend @Duke will be a chance to make a statement. Our pitching was much better overall. Gave up 9 runs (not all earned as I recall) all weekend. Schmolke had his best outing ever, Finateri can do it and hopefully Finley keeps getting better.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Slow curve (82-85?) that hit him in the middle of the back. Wiley and Dusty thought it was unintentional too.

I think the pitcher should have been thrown out given the background. Intentions are hard to know; actions are provable.

Well, we won the series at home against one of the lowest ranked ACC teams. Lost about 30 RPI points for the weekend. This weekend @Duke will be a chance to make a statement. Our pitching was much better overall. Gave up 9 runs (not all earned as I recall) all weekend. Schmolke had his best outing ever, Finateri can do it and hopefully Finley keeps getting better.
It was 93 in the back I’m not sure where a “curveball” came from. I heard what Issac‘s said on the broadcast. I was at the game it was 100 percent intentional.

Home Park Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It was 93 in the back I’m not sure where a “curveball” came from. I heard what Issac‘s said on the broadcast. I was at the game it was 100 percent intentional.
Obviously, guy who said "curveball" didn't see it. Dusty should just tell it like it is instead of sugar coating it. Not sure how the pitcher didn't get thrown out. Credit to Comp for keeping his composure. Credit our team (and later GT pitchers) for keeping their composure. I know I wanted to kick some Pitt a@@ starting with the lead punk coach.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I just watched the inning for the first time just to see. The GT radio guy was obviously wrong when he said it was a curve ball. After watching though, I 100% don't think it was intentional. Guy should still have been tossed just for the sake of keeping control of the game.