PFF Week 1 Grades

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So the 4 new OL transfers basically got 30% of the snaps, and the majority of those came from the lowest regarded of the 4. Go figure.

A little disappointing that Leftwich and Green don't seem to be more ready to play snaps.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
So the 4 new OL transfers basically got 30% of the snaps, and the majority of those came from the lowest regarded of the 4. Go figure.

A little disappointing that Leftwich and Green don't seem to be more ready to play snaps.

Green wasn't listed in the ATL for the game at all. Not sure if he's injured or just deemed not ready.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Ayinde Eley was our #1 graded player on special teams in 17 snaps (six on punt coverage - we punted eight times, not sure if he was in on the two blocked ones or not). Gotta love that he’s going to be involved in that unit going forward (and he’s literally not coming off the field).

I was hard on him after last year, but he really played well yesterday.
I wasn’t sold on him after last year as he was something like the 210th best LB in the country but he did play better in game 1. Let’s hope it’s not a 1 game trend. Would be good to see him raise his game. Seems like a high character guy from all I’ve read.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Key did say he was gonna mix and match O line I mean from this game the only questions to me are the guard spots I think williams leftwitch and franklin should start saturday

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Outside of Leftwich (71.7 pass blocking grade in only three pass blocking snaps), Corey Robinson graded as by far the best pass blocking OL (39 pass blocking snaps) with a 67.4 grade. Pierce Quick was 2nd, with a 60.7 grade in 17 pass blocking snaps.

Jordan Williams was by far the top run blocking OL with a 69.9 grade in 24 run blocking snaps. Paula was 2nd (17 run blocking snaps) with a 62.0 grade.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I expected to see more of Biggers. Was he injured during the game.
He played 21 snaps total. Four snaps on punt return, five snaps on running downs, and 12 snaps on passing downs. Doesn’t seem he was injured. Likely a stamina thing.

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Watched
Wing Green on Sideline. Several guys speak to him and give him the old hit on the shoulder pad encouragement. Green looks the part - kind of a taller Brian Chamberlin.

kittysniper101

Jolly Good Fellow
He played 21 snaps total. Four snaps on punt return, five snaps on running downs, and 12 snaps on passing downs. Doesn’t seem he was injured. Likely a stamina thing.
He got caught out on the sidelines on at least one possession where clemson went fast to prevent us substituting. I noticed him in early the next drive. I think some of it was situational.

kalld12

Banned
Anybody catch who was out there jogging on the screen passes? I saw it a couple of times and it stood out but I haven’t watched the replay.
Weston Franklin, pretty sure i about jumped through the TV both times I saw him going 50% full speed during the live play and he missed key blocks on both plays. It was hard to watch, hopefully the coaches tear him a new one in the film room and he gets better next week.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I wasn’t sold on him after last year as he was something like the 210th best LB in the country but he did play better in game 1. Let’s hope it’s not a 1 game trend. Would be good to see him raise his game. Seems like a high character guy from all I’ve read.
Having Eley on ST is a BAD mistake.We have little depth at LB and having him tired out in the 4th qtr is very critical to def. ---See clem # of pts in last qtr. !!!
This gets back to recruiting at that position.btw--not having Thomas for a half this week may be a problem.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Weston Franklin, pretty sure i about jumped through the TV both times I saw him going 50% full speed during the live play and he missed key blocks on both plays. It was hard to watch, hopefully the coaches tear him a new one in the film room and he gets better next week.
yep, I saw that also.But it was his first start and played the whole game.Also he didn't make a bad snap (I think) which I thought was excellent.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Top 5 graded players on offense (number of snaps):
1.) Malik Rutherford (11)
2.) Jordan Williams (66)
3.) Dontae Smith (31)
4.) Nate McCollum (45)
5.) Jeff Sims (66)

Top 5 graded players on defense (number of snaps)
1.) Kevin Harris (13)
2.) Keion White (43)
3.) Ayinde Eley (79)
4.) Charlie Thomas (42)
5.) D’Quan Douse (34)
Where do these #s come from ? Where are they posted.?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Franklin. I'm sure they will get that corrected this week.

Not making any excuses for Weston, as you need to hustle on EVERY play, but dude was a warrior during the Clemson game. He had the best player on either team, and one of the top 10 best players in college football, Bresee lined up over him all night and he also played every snap on offense.

Weston is a true sophomore. He's going to be All ACC one day for us...we just asked a LOT out of him first game of the year. His trajectory is headed upward...just gotta keep working.