GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Top 5 graded players on offense (number of snaps):
1.) Malik Rutherford (11)
2.) Jordan Williams (66)
3.) Dontae Smith (31)
4.) Nate McCollum (45)
5.) Jeff Sims (66)

Top 5 graded players on defense (number of snaps)
1.) Kevin Harris (13)
2.) Keion White (43)
3.) Ayinde Eley (79)
4.) Charlie Thomas (42)
5.) D’Quan Douse (34)

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Bottom 5 graded players on offense (number of snaps):
16.) Joe Fusile (52)
17.) Peje’ Harris (33)
18.) Pierce Quick (24)
19.) Paul Tchio (18)
20.) Luke Benson (47)

Bottom 5 graded players on defense (number of snaps):
23.) Clayton Powell-Lee (8)
24.) Jason Moore (5)
25.) Kenyatta Watson (8)
26.) Kenan Johnson (18)
27.) Akelo Stone (29)

Last edited:

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Top 5 graded players on offense (number of snaps):
1.) Malik Rutherford (11)
2.) Jordan Williams (66)
3.) Dontae Smith (31)
4.) Nate McCollum (45)
5.) Jeff Sims (66)

Top 5 graded players on defense (number of snaps)
1.) Kevin Harris (13)
2.) Keion White (43)
3.) Ayinde Eley (79)
4.) Charlie Thomas (42)
5.) D’Quan Douse (34)
This is somewhat surprising since I thought Williams was the primary blocker for KJ Henry. Otherwise, each of grades make sense. Thanks for sharing

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Henry, I thought, mauled everyone put in front of him, it seemed like. And isn't he the backup to Murphy, who couldn't play?
I mentioned to my buddy during the game I thought Douse was playing well.
I don't know how Rutherford scored so well. I don't remember him making a catch. I don't have any problem with the grades for McCollum and Dontae. Dontae made a couple of moves in the backfield that were amazing, just to get back to the line of scrimmage. He left that big moose Bresee shaking hands with air after one move when Bresee had him all but lined up to turn him into a grease spot.
The last play I remember with Eley was Shipley running right through him on a touchdown. He made Eley look bad.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Henry, I thought, mauled everyone put in front of him, it seemed like. And isn't he the backup to Murphy, who couldn't play?
I mentioned to my buddy during the game I thought Douse was playing well.
I don't know how Rutherford scored so well. I don't remember him making a catch. I don't have any problem with the grades for McCollum and Dontae. Dontae made a couple of moves in the backfield that were amazing, just to get back to the line of scrimmage. He left that big moose Bresee shaking hands with air after one move when Bresee had him all but lined up to turn him into a grease spot.
The last play I remember with Eley was Shipley running right through him on a touchdown. He made Eley look bad.
Bresee was attempting a close line tackle, so to speak, somewhat off balance and Dontae just ducked under it.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Bottom 5 graded players on offense (number of snaps):
16.) Joe Fusile (52)
17.) Peje’ Harris (33)
18.) Pierce Quick (24)
19.) Paul Tchio (18)
20.) Luke Benson (47)

Bottom 5 graded players on defense (number of snaps):
23.) Clayton Powell-Lee (8)
24.) Jason Moore (5)
25.) Kenyatta Watson (8)
26.) Kenan Johnson (18)
27.) Akelo Stone (29)
Very interesting. The guys that didn’t play well on defense didn’t play often. On offense…well, it’s obvious some guys played too much or perhaps we just don’t have better players in those spots.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Very interesting. The guys that didn’t play well on defense didn’t play often. On offense…well, it’s obvious some guys played too much or perhaps we just don’t have better players in those spots.

Or, you could also read it as 4 of the 5 offensive players were OL/TE going against what might well be the best DL in college football this year. I'm frankly shocked that Williams graded out so well considering who he was up against.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
For pass blocking, in obviously limited reps, Dylan McDuffie (three snaps) graded out as best on the team. Dontae Smith (six snaps) graded out as lowest on the team.

Even before this game, it was pretty obvious (based on body type and physicality) McDuffie needs to be the running back in the game for pass blocking downs.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
In the 2021 Clemson game, our offense graded out at 57.9. In the 2022 Clemson game, our offense graded out at 49.4.

In the 2021 Clemson game, our defense graded out at 63.3. In the 2022 Clemson game, our defense graded out at 72.0.

64.0 grade in coverage last year, 71.8 grade yesterday.
46.2 run block grade last year, 52.9 grade yesterday.
44.7 pass block grade last year, 53.6 yesterday.
64.6 receiving grade last year, 51.2 yesterday.
63.3 pass rush grade last year, 69.2 yesterday.
62.1 run defense grade last year, 71.2 yesterday.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Or, you could also read it as 4 of the 5 offensive players were OL/TE going against what might well be the best DL in college football this year. I'm frankly shocked that Williams graded out so well considering who he was up against.
More specifically, it’s OG and TE. Think we’re just not quite as comfortable with the Guard position. And to your point, that DL form Clemson can make even the best OL look bad

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
The best grade in any one area on the entire team was Kevin Harris’ pass rush. In six snaps, he graded out at 90.2 - which is good for 9th in the nation amongst all Edge defenders (out of 199 players eligible after Week 1). He HAS to play on every 3rd and long.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I thought this was potentially hopeful (but could just be a result of limited sample size and who he played against). Jakiah Leftwich graded out as the 6th best player on offense. And had the best pass blocking grade of any OL (extremely limited sample size with only three snaps). He played nine snaps, which was the fewest of anyone who saw the field on offense.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Ayinde Eley was our #1 graded player on special teams in 17 snaps (six on punt coverage - we punted eight times, not sure if he was in on the two blocked ones or not). Gotta love that he’s going to be involved in that unit going forward (and he’s literally not coming off the field).

I was hard on him after last year, but he really played well yesterday.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Tatum (last) and Benson (second to last) were the two lowest graded players on special teams. I think it’s pretty obvious why.

True freshman DB Rodney Shelley was #3 on the team in special team grade (after Ace and Henry Freer). One snap on kick coverage and five snaps on punt coverage. Didn’t play in all the coverage snaps but he probably will now.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How many snaps did each of our OL play?
Williams 66, Franklin (was he 66 as well), Fusile 52, Vaipulu (I know started), Robinson (I think he also started), Quick (24), Tchio (18), did Leftwich or Green get snaps?

What sticks out to me is that we talked alot about bringing in Quick from AL and Tchio from Clemson and it was thought they would start, but they only played 42 snaps combined.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Williams 66, Franklin (was he 66 as well), Fusile 52, Vaipulu (I know started), Robinson (I think he also started), Quick (24), Tchio (18), did Leftwich or Green get snaps?
See my above post regarding Leftwich, who played nine snaps.

Franklin played all 66 snaps. Corey Robinson played 57, Paula 42. That’s all the others who played. Wing Green didn’t play.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

What sticks out to me is that we talked alot about bringing in Quick from AL and Tchio from Clemson and it was thought they would start, but they only played 42 snaps combined.

Tchio still recovering from injury & after Quick multiple false starts, Vaipulu came in