Penn St- ACC/B10 Challenge

KeystoneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Going to my first Georgia Tech game tonight. I've lived in Pennsylvania my whole life, but have been a Georgia Tech fan since I was 5 when Mark Price was running the show. Looking forward to a good road test and hopefully victory.
Awesome! I'm in the same boat. Lifelong PA resident that fell in love as a kid when I heard the names Best and Forrest and saw the SHW patrolling the sidelines. I have made it to games at MSG and UVA in the past. I would have gone if it was a 9pm game but I couldn't get out of work early to make the 2.5 hour drive.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
This will be a fun game...they have some solid young talent...a few big athletic bodies and Shep Garner...a really nice scoring guard.There not deep and have played a tough schedule.This will be an up tempo game which will comedown to who can get better looks and convert them into points.I think both teams will be challenged defensively making this a high scoring game coupled with the fact it'll be up tempo...both teams will be jacking up 3's.I think the difference maker will be Q...I think Ben will be Ben and Okogie will continue to produce because he's just that good.It'll be Q's ability to "be a senior" tonight and go for 20+...Heath will help facilitate this getting the ball to there best shooter where he likes it.Tech has a great chance to win this game if they just stick to the plan...unselfish quick ball movement,not turning it over and playing extremely hard and disciplined.They make shots they win...they don't they lose...great match up.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We gotta keep Okogie out of foul trouble. We all know that on the road, the whistle is a little looser than at home.

He cannot too aggressive on D and pick up silly fouls. We're going to need our best players on the court for long stretches.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
We gotta keep Okogie out of foul trouble. We all know that on the road, the whistle is a little looser than at home.

He cannot too aggressive on D and pick up silly fouls. We're going to need our best players on the court for long stretches.
I agree about keeping our best players out there...I agree foul trouble could be an Achilles heel...especially Ben.But more importantly I wouldn't be surprised to see the rotation stream lined tonight with Corey losing minutes to Heath and TJ.You'll see Moore and Heath together but a little less of Corey.Obongda might lose a few too if Ben stays clear from the whistle with CJP going with small ball looks with Q and Okogie theoretically playing the 4 with Lammers anchoring the post making for our best players being out there longer.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
We are gonna wear Stephens and lammers out by acc play. You can't play guys 37 minutes a game in college.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
First tech game I've been able to watch all year. Lammers is much improved, but still weak as hell. Gueye (sp).....needs some work, but I like his energy. Okogie will be a player, but he needs to get a floater. t Jax doesn't like to play defense apparently. heath is what he is and Moore is clearly a t-fr. we own no true consistent shooting threat.

With all that said, they are much more entertaining to watch and with some more experience and a few more pieces could be a good team in the next year or 2. will be interesting to see the player development and recruiting as the year goes.

Oh yeah...wtf was with like 5 turnovers from lazy passes at half court. is that a recurring theme this year or did I just catch a bad game?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Some bad turnovers down the stretch. Every time we tried to make a run to take the lead we got real sloppy. At least when we call a timeout now we come out actually doing something. Did everything right on defense when it was a 2 point game. Forced the ball to the right guy and made him shoot a 3 over Lammers. Unfortunately he made it.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
When is Josh's scoring going to show up? For a guy who averaged 2.7 ppg last year he's been surprisingly absent in the scoring column.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Well ended up as expected tonight, even though I allowed a short lived fantasy to hang around midway through the 2nd half.
Lammers is going to have a long season.
JO did not look so hot tonight.

... Wish Heyward could shoot...