Pelton is out . .

GTFLETCH

Banned
The issues on defense were poor play by senior DBs...and others... when we have a senior DB get blown up by the bubble screen and the DC refuses to play younger more athletic guys...It is on the DC... Also Joe Speed has coached LB and safeties... this year he coached Cornerbacks who were undersized and loved to act like thugs in the locker room... CTR is to blame not the two assistants who identified and reported the issues..

Also our Line play has stunk since Coach McCollum was moved to safeties... did you notice how CTR moved speed and Mac to A poor backfield.... but did want to accept responsibility for poor DL and LB play....

I think you put Speed back at safeties (we're he was in 2014, and watch AN Gray flourish) and let Coach Mac be with the ILB.... and watch that play improve abd Coach woody can add a dline coach and he can Coach OLB...

I think we will be a top 50 defense next year maybe even top 30

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Venables is the DC. Why would the performance of a WR fall under his duties?
Not his duties, but I understand he is pissed that the D did its job and Cain put them back on the field with a mediocre effort. That one play is kind of standing out in their minds when Swinney & Co. review the effort put forth. So, yes, indirectly.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I am thinking Giff Smith may be the guy CPJ wants. He has a connection with Giff back through Georgia Southern and Giff is from Mableton, Ga. so he would be coming home if he took the job. He is with the Chargers now and probably is not too happy living in LA. Just a feeling I have.

Go Jackets!
Do you have inside info on that because that would be amazing?

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I am thinking Giff Smith may be the guy CPJ wants. He has a connection with Giff back through Georgia Southern and Giff is from Mableton, Ga. so he would be coming home if he took the job. He is with the Chargers now and probably is not too happy living in LA. Just a feeling I have.

Go Jackets!
I give this NO chance. Why would you leave a NFL assistant job to come back to college as an assistant?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I lived in Lower Alabama is was ok but there are better places to live.
Lower alabama is great. On map its called n w florida. Gif and Andy can stay at my place while we recruit the coaches in the area.
20171205_161918.jpg

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Lower alabama is great. On map its called n w florida. Gif and Andy can stay at my place while we recruit the coaches in the area.
View attachment 3245
I dunno about Mobile, but my dad's folks are all from around Opp to the SE. I would not sentence4 a serial killer to life in Opp, Ala. (Mike DuBose, former Alabama coach, is coaching HS football there last I heard. His parents had threats to have their house burned down when he couldn't be the Bear or Stallings. At least it would have given the an excuse to move.)