1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Pelton is out . .

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Jerry the Jacket, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Best point you made in this post was, I quote “I don’t know.”

You should take that more to heart though. You don’t know how much Roof affected Speed. You don’t know how much Speed affected Roof.

As for results...to take an extreme. Put a team of middle schoolers, coached by Saban and staff, play them against Clemson...then tell me how good Saban and staff are based on “results.”

Yeah....you don’t know. For the record neither do I. Difference is I don’t pretend to.

2. FightWinDrink

FightWinDrink Helluva Engineer

GTdragons, augustabuzz, Yoda and 4 others like this.
  3. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

GTdragons and gtpi like this.
  4. wreckrod

wreckrod Helluva Engineer

lol I guess I'll have to start using the ignore feature more. Have a nice day

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  5. tatertot1

tatertot1 Helluva Engineer

6. Eli

Eli Helluva Engineer

Damn it

Boss Ross likes this.
  7. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

GTJG94, Boss Ross and Eli like this.
  8. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Didn’t clean house...we are finished...won’t win 4 games now :cigar:

9. Eli

Eli Helluva Engineer

Just find it very hard to believe the entire defense is roofs fault. You'e only as good as your assistants

Boss Ross likes this.
  10. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Actually, they are paid to graduate players. The APR tracks such. So "grades", to the point they qualify.

11. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  12. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

Which phone keyboard puts the "a" so close to the "o"

13. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Or talent. But I hear ya. And I have no idea what the problems are or fixes needed are. But neither do the brilliant critics.

There is an awful lot of “coach so and so is horrible and needs to go” talk. And claims that proper fundamentals aren’t being taught. And absolutely no facts to back up these arguments but people believe these notions deeply regardless.

It’s like the “coach only plays his favorites and not his best players” nonsense. Ultimately CPJ will be / is being judged by results. Despite institutional barriers and hurdles. And I’m sure he’s aware of this fact. It’s nonsense to think he keeps coaches on staff for their golf game or drinking buddy time or whatever. If CPJ wants someone on staff it’s more likely because he sees value in their presence.

14. TheTechGuy

TheTechGuy Helluva Engineer

I’m aware of APR. I stated that on the field performance is the most important factor. Coaches are paid for on the field performance; APR is usually handled by compliance. CPJ is not in study hall tutoring players in calculus.

15. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

It certainly can’t be the players. (y)

GTFLETCH likes this.
  16. Skeptic

Skeptic Helluva Engineer

There apparently was some team problems this year, attitude problems it seems, and maybe this new guy can help define and correct some of that. One never knows. One of Clemson's WRs (Cain) allowed an interception by Alabama because he was not fighting for the ball. Just kind of waited and the Alabama guy went all out for it. Interesting to see his place on the roster in spring practice because Venables is not somebody to play with.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  17. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Venables is the DC. Why would the performance of a WR fall under his duties?

Bogey404 likes this.
  18. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

Maybe he’ll have the DB’s pick on him in practice?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. GTFLETCH

GTFLETCH Helluva Engineer

Not sure why folks are down on CJS and CAM. They were not the problem and are great recruiters...

augustabuzz likes this.
  20. MountainBuzzMan

MountainBuzzMan Helluva Engineer

Probably lack of knowledge so guilty by association.