Paul Johnson's job

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Nothing is stopping you from giving tons of money to support your cause. Talk is cheap. Put up or shut up.
I don't have tons of money. I was just stating my frustration with the program the last two years. I do Like Paul Johnson as a coach and realize he wasn't the reason we lost the game today. I wouldn't mind a change at head coach if it happened is all.

Coachbraun72

Georgia Tech Fan
Coach, to the extent that you can, please talk about what you think the problems really are. BTW, great job by Parker today!
Thanks!
Honestly most problems stem from stem from a lack of understanding of the real challenges faced in recruiting because of academics. That cannot be understated.
Other than that, without an end zone copy and a play book I don't even like to say that Parker played well. It is really hard to tell who is supposed to do what on what play. Much less from TV!
Other than that 3-2 beats 2-3 so take the good and drive on

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I'm a sidewalk fan and have grown tired of PJ. His offense has to work perfect to beat teams with twice the talent. Gailey did pretty dang well against Miami. Richt rolls into Atlanta and beats Tech once again. Very Frustrated right now about the program as a whole. Tired of seeing our secondary not challenging the receivers at the line. Give the guys a chance to make a play! When we made it 21-28 I thought we had a shot and then Roof lets Miami play pitch and catch down the field!

Is there any offense about which this can't be said?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm a sidewalk fan and have grown tired of PJ. His offense has to work perfect to beat teams with twice the talent. Gailey did pretty dang well against Miami. Richt rolls into Atlanta and beats Tech once again. Very Frustrated right now about the program as a whole. Tired of seeing our secondary not challenging the receivers at the line. Give the guys a chance to make a play! When we made it 21-28 I thought we had a shot and then Roof lets Miami play pitch and catch down the field!
This loss was not on cpj, we had two fumble 6's against us. And a D that gave up easy TD's. We went to passing more because we had to, we were eating clock and taking 6 minutes to score, when you are down two score and half way through the 3rd you can't do that because you won't have enough time to get the ball back and score especially if their offense was scoring.

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't have tons of money. I was just stating my frustration with the program the last two years. I do Like Paul Johnson as a coach and realize he wasn't the reason we lost the game today. I wouldn't mind a change at head coach if it happened is all.
Exactly. No one in our donor base does. Thats why it took so long to fire brian gregory and thats why CPJ isnt going anywhere.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. No one in our donor base does. Thats why it took so long to fire brian gregory and thats why CPJ isnt going anywhere.

Two different things. Some big donors know football and like cpj. Bball, it was Hewitt buyout and distrust of MBob.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
That makes no sense. Would they have hired Todd Stansbury if they would have wanted to deemphasize football?
That's what they said when the last AD was hired. Because he had no football experience at all. This is a message board. Goofiness abounds. It is ever so.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
There are a bunch of teams with two losses. How we play it out is key. I could see us winning the remainder or losing them all, but I came into the season with low expectations.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
State of the program isn't great right now after last year and how we've looked past 2 weeks. We still look capable of beating anyone just need to continue cleaning up a few things. Some of you guys need to step off the ledge.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am a little confused about GT history, so I looked up some w-l stuff. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Georgia_Tech_Yellow_Jackets_football_seasons
Some very selective memories on this board.
Also, I have spent a considerable amount of time involved with recruiting over the last 12 years and I have to say that GT has some very serious challenges with regard to academic requirements and what is required from their student athletes. This is usually glossed over here, but it is an impediment to high level recruiting in the Power 5. In other words, recruits don't come to GT because Math is Hard and recreation classes are fun. Not because Paul Johnson is a big meany who doesn't kiss 50 yr old ex-players butts.
So, firing talk? Really? Because you watched a game on TV or worse, In Person, and you think you know what wrong with the team. I watch a lot of football, and it is never easy to tell what's wrong, especially form the TV angle.
Or do you want to be the second school to fire a coach with a better resume than any of the applicants are going to bring?
Mr. Braun, thanks for your two sons and both of them working their tails off and representing GT with class. The hours following a loss are not a good time to be on the board if you enjoy rational, reasoned, accurate discussion. It's all about the vent.