Paul Johnson's job

See this is what I said in an earlier thread. I have read this entire thread and see some of the attitudes towards us sidewalk fans I swear some of you alumni are WORSE than uga fans and that is saying a lot I have enjoyed MOST of the time I have spent here. Lately the egotistical and foolishness of the alumni towards sidewalk fans has me thinking why I waste my time being a fan that has " 1 in 6" millionaires. Well I'm not a tech graduate but have always loved the school and sports teams but my patience with some on this board and some in general is wearing very thin.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
This is just my opinion but I don't think we should be talking about firing CPJ right now. Let's let this season play itself out. With that being said, I think the new AD has a ton of work to do. Fyi, I am one of those what you call a "sidewalk fan" (I'm also a season ticket holder). On Friday, I went to Academy Sports store in Hiram. I was looking for a GT shirt. I walked around the men's section for 15 minutes and found nothing. The only GT item I saw in the entire store was one mini basketball. Of course they had a ton of uga gear. I went to the cashier and asked, "Where is the Georgia Tech stuff." After jokingly making cracks at my team, he politely said there was a licensing issue with the school and that's why they don't always have a lot of GT stuff. This doesn't make sense to me. GT is a great school with a great history. There should be GT merchandise in stores everywhere in the metro Atlanta area. This is a problem. Where is the marketing? No wonder we don't consistently fill up BDS with our fans. It's sad we don't sell out every game. I should not be hearing at the game that there are tickets still available to the next home game. I think this is something the new AD needs to address immediately.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Today wasn't the kind of loss you lose your job over. Wasn't great but not anything near a "bad loss"

Back to reality - neither CPJ or CJP or going anywhere anytime soon. We can't afford to fire either one of them right now. Stansbury's job for a while will be to see how he can get the most out of them, run interference with the Hill and expand the donar base and fan base.

Always hate to see sidewalk fans feel like they are getting dumped on. We don't have enough alumns locally to be that way