Paul Johnson to retire

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I know there are a LOT of people that dislike the option and dislike CPJ. They have visions of grandeur that a pro-style offense will make us great. I hope they are right. But I think that type of offense is BORING! I love the option - not just because it might give a more level playing field but because it is actually fun to watch in my opinion. I really like CPJ, and I'm quite sad if this is true. Ok a lot sad. I know many will not feel the same. I would have liked to have seen him end on a real high note. Still, the high graduation rate, and being the 4th most winning active FBS coach is pretty good....

Deleted member 2897

On a serious note, I think Gus is due $32 million if they fire him now. That's a lot of money for him to just let go of, and that's a lot of money for them to pay. I have a hard time believing that, but I would be okay with it. Our offense is not too far removed from what he's used to. Only a few folks would have something materially different to learn.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I know there are a LOT of people that dislike the option and dislike CPJ. They have visions of grandeur that a pro-style offense will make us great. I hope they are right. But I think that type of offense is BORING! I love the option - not just because it might give a more level playing field but because it is actually fun to watch in my opinion. I really like CPJ, and I'm quite sad if this is true. Ok a lot sad. I know many will not feel the same. I would have liked to have seen him end on a real high note. Still, the high graduation rate, and being the 4th most winning active FBS coach is pretty good....

Love the option too, and no a "pro style" offense isn't the answer. We clearly need to remain in a spread option type offense. Very few teams actually run a pro style offense in college. We had zero success under Gailey doing a kinda sorta NFL style.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
37CF959A-74CC-45FC-8F08-77E6AE25527C.jpeg