Paul Johnson era signature game

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Should have been 38-17. Still can't figure out how they didn't call the DT who intercepted our snap on the goal line offsides... (1:31:58 in the video)

Me either! I forgot that particular mistake by the refs, who, btw, gave us zip in the way of breaks that night.

Another senior moment: I forgot that for part of the game we had Uzzi at RG and Mason at LG. We'll have a hard time topping that combo, but let's hope we do.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think the 2008 UGA game endeared him to GT fans the most. New coach, comeback win in Athens against our most hated rival, and CPJ smack talk afterwards bought him a LOT of goodwill...as it should.

VT 2009 game was a masterpiece of ball control, ability to read the game, and getting our guys to execute with patience. We dominated more than the scoreboard reflected.

FSU 2009 was just flat out fun in terms of big plays and offensive explosion. FSU 2015 was just an incredible bright spot in an otherwise dismal year...but will go down as one of the best comebacks in GT history.

2009 ACC Championship and 2014 Orange Bowl speak for themselves. Big wins for our program.

2014 and 2016 UGA games will be classics in the rivalry...at least from our perspective. Butker's FG and Searcy's leap will forever be highlights future GT fans see over and over.

As I said in another thread, some of my best memories of GT sports came during CPJ's tenure, and that's what sports is all about.