Paul Johnson article

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
To be far I would be tired of answering the same questions for years on end. I am going to take @Boomergump 's view and let the powers to be decide when his time is up. In the meantime I will just try to improve my understanding of the game, and have some fun watching the games.

Thwg4ever

Georgia Tech Fan
I am just not going to make CPJ's fate a large part of my consciousness. If he gets let go, I will worry about it then. I would rather focus on the kids and the upcoming season's opponents. It almost seems to me that many of us are at least as much focused on the coaching drama as we are the games. I don't find coaching musical chairs enjoyable enough to follow. I like football. I like discussing his coaching system and tendencies etc, but obsessing over his fate holds very little entertainment value for me. I must be weird in that sense. I understand we are all different, but that is just me.
Musical chairs??? This would be

Thwg4ever

Georgia Tech Fan
This would not be musical chairs. He's been on a steady decline since Gaileys players have left. This is my biggest problem. I'm a season ticket holder and support our team even in a down season. What I'm tired of is continuous mediocrity when it's self enflicted.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Every season. There are a bunch and it is big news in the media.

You can create any argument you want for justification of a coaching change (at GT specifically), both substantial and unsubstantial, but neither will provide me with any entertainment value. That is all I am saying.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
This would not be musical chairs. He's been on a steady decline since Gaileys players have left. This is my biggest problem. I'm a season ticket holder and support our team even in a down season. What I'm tired of is continuous mediocrity when it's self enflicted.
The funny thing about the repeated statements concerning Chans players is that I never felt chan would get Paul's results . In no way do I believe they would ever put up the offensive #s that he did . I also would like to call it Chans 7! Take 7 players from his last two classes and I would never have to here about chans players again!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
One thing that upsets me about Paul Johnson is his attitude toward Georgia Tech. He is always making statements about how we are about as good as we have always been and words to the effect that we should not expect to be any better than a 6 out of 10 program.

Go Jackets!

Your read on the man and mine are completely different. I get the reference you make on a couple of quotes from him rebutting media criticism of his offense. But I have NEVER heard him say, or seen a quote from him implying, that he is content with losses or a general level of mediocrity. I personally believe the man hates to lose with a passion.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think he has had enough time to show us what he can do. After this season, if we are still a 60% program, I think it is time to find new leadership with higher expectations. I like Paul and think he is a good coach but I think there are a lot of guys out there that could get us to a higher level and I am about ready to try one of them.

Go Jackets!

Give me three names.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I would like to see Ted Roof get the job. I think we need someone that has the experience of Georgia Tech in their blood and a great love for the Institute to achieve a higher level of success. I would look at anyone in the coaching business that has a true tie to Georgia Tech.

Two others would be Mike Macintyre the current coach at Colorado and David Dean the coach at Valdosta State. I'm sure there are others that are coaching in the NFL and others that are coaching in Division 1 and 2 College ranks. But a true connection to Georgia Tech would be one of my conditions of employment. That is my opinion.

Go Jackets!