Paul fine bomb

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
This dumbass talking head just said that college football is two divisions: Alabama/Clemson, then everybody else. That part, I can agree with. But then he said Clemson will be an 18 point favorite the rest of the way out. I highly doubt we will be an 18 point underdog. Maybe, but I doubt it. Didn’t Clemson win a whole bunch of one score games last year?
I think Clemson will win out, but Finebaum -- I have the advantage of having never seen nor heard him speak about football, and it seems I should keep my streak alive -- is way above his Peter principle on this one. Today they play WF and it will be a tough game for them. Wake actually is pretty good and very experienced. And the first week in November Clemson has NC State. State just beat Louisville, roughly as bad as Clemson. And State is the game last year that would have kept Clemson out of the national championship game: they lost to Clemson by blowing a field goal late, so there is no aura involved. I am always leery of us because I just can't figure which GT team is going to show up: the one that battles it out and wins, or the team that plays with the enthusiasm and confidence of a death row inmate. If No. 1 we can win. If No 2, I hope we stay home. None of this is to say Clemson is not a terrific team, because they are. But there is a scoreboard for a reason.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
wasnt the clemson game the one where we had a pass intercepted near the goal as we were tryin to score and they ran it back for a td? and didnt we fumble near our goal line GIVING them another td?.

We picked off a pass in the EZ when the game was close, CG (?)'s momentum took the ball barely out of the EZ, then as he was tackled, the ball ended up down in the EZ. Safety. Awful turn of events.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Paul... is a Bama butt sniffer... He is only there because of all the money tied in with the SEC. Since the SEC can only muster Bama and the Dwags, right now as "head of the class", they have to look at other teams. Last year, when Clemson won the championship.. The ACC fed ESPN and most the media a big ol shi*t burger. And... they had to eat it. Paul, is just avoiding the embarrassment, should Clemson win again. If Clemson loses, it will be back to one dimensional SEC reporting.
"...back to?" Did we miss the migration? Look, everything you hear from this guy is not necessarily a sellout. I'll give him more credit than that. It is, however, a great SEC bias at play, coupled with a long-standing animus against the ACC that at one time deserved it. No point in revisiting the competitive improvement of the conference that to me ranks as highly as any in the country. But as to the SEC, I would probably argue that Alabama is at least 3-4 TD favorites the rest of their schedule. Now we will see if the rest of the SEC wants to catch Alabama, and if the ACC should now chase Clemson for improvement. Because I don't think either of those programs are ever going to come back to the field. At least I think Clemson is honest. Alabama? Corruption is in the Alabama gene pool.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Don’t know what more a tv guy could ask for than a bunch of people, who hate his message, watching his show.

Just imagine how many watch that agree with him?

Seems smart to me.

Milwaukee

Banned
Fun fact:
  • Clemson’s win over 12th-ranked Virginia Tech last week marked the first time in ACC and AP poll history that a team has recorded three wins over Top 15 teams in the month of September. The Tigers downed No. 13 Auburn on Sept. 9, No. 14 Louisville on Sept. 16 and No. 12 Virginia Tech on Sept. 30. The combined score of those three games was 92-44.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
We picked off a pass in the EZ when the game was close, CG (?)'s momentum took the ball barely out of the EZ, then as he was tackled, the ball ended up down in the EZ. Safety. Awful turn of events.

It was Lance Austin. I think hero ball from last years FSU game was still in play. He's taken a knee after that so i think its phased out.