Paul fine bomb

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
This dumbass talking head just said that college football is two divisions: Alabama/Clemson, then everybody else. That part, I can agree with. But then he said Clemson will be an 18 point favorite the rest of the way out. I highly doubt we will be an 18 point underdog. Maybe, but I doubt it. Didn’t Clemson win a whole bunch of one score games last year?

jacob

Banned
This dumbass talking head just said that college football is two divisions: Alabama/Clemson, then everybody else. That part, I can agree with. But then he said Clemson will be an 18 point favorite the rest of the way out. I highly doubt we will be an 18 point underdog. Maybe, but I doubt it. Didn’t Clemson win a whole bunch of one score games last year?
Um he's actually right on this one

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Just a scenario
After we beat Miami in Miami and throttle Wake F, it will be single digits. If we do not pass a lot and play them close, it will be a great set up for last two gamds of year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Just a scenario
After we beat Miami in Miami and throttle Wake F, it will be single digits. If we do not pass a lot and play them close, it will be a great set up for last two gamds of year.
Not sure I agree. If we are single digits @ Clemson, that implies we'd be < 3 point dogs at home vs. Clemson.-

Thought process: if Clemson is 9 pt favorite at home, subtract three for neutral site, subtract an additional three if game played at GT. While I want to believe it, I don't see the oddsmakers seeing us vs. Clemson at BDS as a coin flip.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I never understood the whole “we have to focus on the next game” stuff. The players and coaches have to focus on the next game, we’re fans, we don’t have to.

Bad fans worry about everyone on the schedule. Good fans focus at the task at hand.

Dial it in Cheese. You're creating a lot of work for our mods...

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
One thing is obvious, there’s only two dominant teams at this point. Any team with a great defense could get in the conversation.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Clemson's defense is top of the world, but Bryant is not Deshaun Watson. He's good enough and has a great surrounding cast at the skill positions, but he struggled at times with accuracy in the short and intermediate routes against VT. If our defense has a day, we could pull out a close upset in a low scoring game.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
They jumped up big on us early last year - at BDS. Their D may be even better this year.
We will be double digit underdogs to Clemson.
As much as I'd like to beat Miami, it's a mighty tough task. We have not fared well down there. So no matter that outcome, I think we're double digit underdogs

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
They jumped up big on us early last year - at BDS. Their D may be even better this year.
We will be double digit underdogs to Clemson.
As much as I'd like to beat Miami, it's a mighty tough task. We have not fared well down there. So no matter that outcome, I think we're double digit underdogs
At half time was it 23 point to pour 26 yrs or was it 26 to 23.
The clemson band ended the half time show by marching up to edge of sideline wall and blaring their song.

We owe them a battle.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
I desperately want to believe in the Jackets being great this year. But, I'll also be surprised if we stay within 3 TDs of Clemson. Their defense is ridiculous. And I don't see us stopping them.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I mean obviously it'll depend on how we look going into the game but if we go 0-2 before then we could easily be 18 point underdogs with the game in South Carolina. They won't get -18 the rest of the way though. FSU will get a smaller line based on name alone even if they're not looking great this year. NC State probably gets a closer line too if they beat Louisville tonight

Obviously Finebaum's job is to just stir up fans though. These shows are all about the hot takes and the artificially created drama these days