Paul fine bomb

Milwaukee

Banned
This dumbass talking head just said that college football is two divisions: Alabama/Clemson, then everybody else. That part, I can agree with. But then he said Clemson will be an 18 point favorite the rest of the way out. I highly doubt we will be an 18 point underdog. Maybe, but I doubt it. Didn’t Clemson win a whole bunch of one score games last year?

We should be an 18pt dog to Clemson today or tomorrow, or Monday, or next week, or next month.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow one natty and Clemson is suddenly an unbeatable juggernaut eh Paul? Unbeatable as Bama now, you say? Sure they've been impressive making the championship game the past two years <cough DeShaun Watson cough> but has everyone already forgotten perineal powerhouse Ohio State (beat Bama and won in '14)? Washington looks dominant of late. And don't sleep on Oklahoma either -- they haven't lost a game since early last year vs Ohio State.

Last edited:

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
We could be really good, like nine or ten wins, beat Miami and Georgia good, and still lose to Clemson by multiple TDs. That team is not like the Auburn team that rode Cam Newton to a National Championship. They are flat out stacked, especially on defense.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Remember last year's Clemson game at BDS was kinda close until that miraculous INT-Safety-TD sequence at the end of the half. And iirc our [struggling] Defense completely shut them down in the 2nd half. Sure the Tigers won comfortably but it's not like they blew us off the field like the year before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn't he discount Clemson before the season started proclaiming FSU as the future champion of the ACC? That's why they play the games on the field and not on paper.

Just a scenario
After we beat Miami in Miami and throttle Wake F, it will be single digits. If we do not pass a lot and play them close, it will be a great set up for last two gamds of year.
Very optimistic, but I do think Clemson is not looking forward to playing us. If we make it to the Clemson game as a one-loss team, there will be considerable hype that week. You never know, Clemson might fall from the ranks of the unbeaten before they play us.

Deleted member 2897

This dumbass talking head just said that college football is two divisions: Alabama/Clemson, then everybody else. That part, I can agree with. But then he said Clemson will be an 18 point favorite the rest of the way out. I highly doubt we will be an 18 point underdog. Maybe, but I doubt it. Didn’t Clemson win a whole bunch of one score games last year?

Back to actually answer your question - your gut and memory is correct. 18 point lines the rest of the way is ridiculous. In 2016:
Clemson won game 1 by 6 points.
Clemson won game 2 by 6 points (they should have lost if not for a few bad calls).
Clemson won game 5 by 6 points.
Clemson was tied in regulation in game 7 and won by 7 points in OT.
Clemson won game 8 by 3 points.
Clemson lost game 10.
Clemson won game 13 by 7 points.
Clemson won game 15 by 4 points.

So there's 8 games in 2016 decided by 1 score or less.

Now having said that, I do think Clemson should have some large lines the rest of the year. The hardest part of their schedule is done:
Wake - I'd say 23 points is a little high. 18 seems strangely okay on this one.
@ Syracuse - 18+ would seem good there.
Georgia Tech - definitely not here, I'd say 14-16 ish unless we lose to both Miami and Wake before then.
@ NC State - definitely not here. If Clemson and NC State are undefeated between now and this game, I'd say Clemson and maybe 4-5 points.
Florida State - definitely not here. Maybe 7-10?
Citadel - ummm, yea. 30+
@ South Carolina - well, they beat NC State. And Missouri. But loss to Kentucky and Texas ***&M. I'd say the SEC bias keeps this line closer to 12-14.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
wasnt the clemson game the one where we had a pass intercepted near the goal as we were tryin to score and they ran it back for a td? and didnt we fumble near our goal line GIVING them another td?

while i fully expected us to lose that game. i do believe but for those two errors we could have made it a much closer game. when a team keeps hanging around and hanging around you open your self up for bad things to happen.

ask the dwags and their coach with the blond highlights in his hair. heh.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
wasnt the clemson game the one where we had a pass intercepted near the goal as we were tryin to score and they ran it back for a td? and didnt we fumble near our goal line GIVING them another td?

while i fully expected us to lose that game. i do believe but for those two errors we could have made it a much closer game. when a team keeps hanging around and hanging around you open your self up for bad things to happen.

We needed to play perfect to have a shot at Clemson last year. When an interception turns into a safety for the other team you know it's not your night. We "won the 2nd half" but they let off the gas a little on us last year.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck

Not sure that I remember those things happening. Maybe other game?

Jmonty71

Banned
Paul... is a Bama butt sniffer... He is only there because of all the money tied in with the SEC. Since the SEC can only muster Bama and the Dwags, right now as "head of the class", they have to look at other teams. Last year, when Clemson won the championship.. The ACC fed ESPN and most the media a big ol shi*t burger. And... they had to eat it. Paul, is just avoiding the embarrassment, should Clemson win again. If Clemson loses, it will be back to one dimensional SEC reporting.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
He is right about the two divisions. Clemson and Alabama are clearly in a different league than anyone else right now. 18 points though? Nah, not quite that big against us unless we start looking awful. They certainly won't be 18 point favorites going into NC State.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck

Oh, just remembered it gtpi. You're thinking of the Miami game. That was the one where they had two scoop and scores in a row around our 20, and I believe we did throw a pick as we were driving.