Path to the ACCCG

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Sitting with my brothers and some of their roommates watching the ending of the game one of my brothers looks over to me and says, “We’re gonna see Clemson again this year.” And that’s gave me chills. Although they know they have to show up to practice and play some lights out football I like the confidence and the moral of some of the key players here at Tech. This is getting interesting. If they set their minds to it and play like we know they can I feel like it’s possible. Only team that can stop us is us. I’m gonna hold my brothers to this right here. Never have bet against them and it’s paid off so far for me. So I won’t bet against them now!
Happy they think like that but the fact is we are not in control of our destiny . Still have to have someone to beat Virginia and with Duke and UNC playing each other someone needs to beat them they both have to head to head on us. All we can do is play the best we can and see what happens.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I love the enthusiasm. Confidence in yourself, and those around you, is everything. I was told multiple times, by a lot of influential people, that I shouldn't directly pursue a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering as a Mathematics major from a small, liberal arts school. I did it anyway. The end result was a Ph.D. from the Mechanical Engineering School at Georgia Tech. My advise to you and your brothers is: DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN'T DO.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Happy they think like that but the fact is we are not in control of our destiny . Still have to have someone to beat Virginia and with Duke and UNC playing each other someone needs to beat them they both have to head to head on us. All we can do is play the best we can and see what happens.

Stech, this is what I really, really enjoy about fall....here it is almost November and we are still talking about what it would take to see Clemson again this year. After our start, this is glorius. And yes, I know that it's only possible because we are in the Coastal but so what?!

I am going to the Pitt game for my first and only game in person this year. I am beyond excited for the opportunity.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Stech, this is what I really, really enjoy about fall....here it is almost November and we are still talking about what it would take to see Clemson again this year. After our start, this is glorius. And yes, I know that it's only possible because we are in the Coastal but so what?!

I am going to the Pitt game for my first and only game in person this year. I am beyond excited for the opportunity.
Glad you can go I'll be there as always.

Kolbigriffin3

Georgia Tech Fan
I love the enthusiasm. Confidence in yourself, and those around you, is everything. I was told multiple times, by a lot of influential people, that I shouldn't directly pursue a Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering as a Mathematics major from a small, liberal arts school. I did it anyway. The end result was a Ph.D. from the Mechanical Engineering School at Georgia Tech. My advise to you and your brothers is: DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN'T DO.

You sound like my dad. Brings tears to my eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
Assuming GT Wins out, additional needed losses (ignoring possible 3-way ties):

Duke: 2 (@UNC, Syr, @Wake, Mia)
UNC: 2 (Duke, UVA, @Pitt, @NCSt)

UVA: 1 (@Lou, @UNC, VT)
Pitt: 1 (Mia, UNC, @VT, BC)

VT: 0
Mia: 0

I don't see 2 losses for Duke if they beat UNC today, so I think it will be better for us for UNC to win today. It would also be good for Miami to beat Pitt and Louisville over UVA.

Well, all three games that could effect tech went our way. Miami beats Pitt, UNC beats Duke, Lville beats UVA.

I know it's not likely, but it sure is fun to have a prayer when it's almost November.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
It's amazing, with 3 losses this early in the season, how insanely close we are to controlling our own destiny.

CousCous

Georgia Tech Fan
5D81628C-6AE0-4310-90A0-858575C2B5AB.gif

DON'T LET ANYONE ELSE TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN'T DO.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
As the Gameday crew was laughing at the coastal this morning, they flashed a graphic that said we had a 0.1% chance of winning the division. I guarantee nobody is thinking we have a chance, and honestly if I were an outsider or a fan of another coastal team I wouldn’t either and Tech wouldn’t even enter my mind as a contender. Truth be told, if we would’ve beaten unc or duke and then lost to Miami, we would now feel like we have no momentum and all may be lost. But, given we are coming off of a win and a bye week, we have a lot of confidence and a lot of optimism right now. This may very well be a terrible season, but it could also be something that none of us thought it would be a couple weeks ago. What if we actually did beat Pitt, uva, Vt and ncsu? Duke loses to wake. Unc loses to 2 of 3 of uva, Pitt and ncsu? Tons of what ifs but sitting at 2-5, with a legit path at doing something special is pretty awesome. I have no expectations that we will win all 4 conf games left, but I’m damn sure along for the ride.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
This thread is awesome! While we’re at it, I’m pretty sure we have to land in a tier 1 bowl as the ACCCG loser too, right? Where do y’all think they’ll put us? Pinstripe for once?

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
So after yesterday's games broke exactly like I said needed to happen, here we are today:

Assuming GT Wins out, additional needed losses:
UNC: 2 (UVA, @Pitt, @NCSt)
Duke: 1 (Syr, @Wake, Mia)

UVA: 0
Pitt: 0
VT: 0
Mia: 0​

I can see UNC losing each of their remaining ACC games (or winning them all). Duke's hardest remaining game is @Wake.

Next week's games we need GT over Pitt (4pm) and UVA over UNC (7:30pm)

In all honesty, if Tech is not going to win the Coastal this year, I am hoping for UVA to take the division. That would mean each team would have won the division is the past 7 years. Now that is the definition of parity, or to the rest of the college football world why the coastal sucks.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
Sitting with my brothers and some of their roommates watching the ending of the game one of my brothers looks over to me and says, “We’re gonna see Clemson again this year.” And that’s gave me chills. Although they know they have to show up to practice and play some lights out football I like the confidence and the moral of some of the key players here at Tech. This is getting interesting. If they set their minds to it and play like we know they can I feel like it’s possible. Only team that can stop us is us. I’m gonna hold my brothers to this right here. Never have bet against them and it’s paid off so far for me. So I won’t bet against them now!

That shows me they have some serious resolve. As rough as this season has been and they’ve still got that drive and confidence. Proud of these guys!