Pastner with Hip-Hop Stars

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Actually some of the rappers were involved from what I saw from one of those 30 ESPN stories on Miami. Giving cash & other things for good performances to football players. Lot of other boosters involved too tho.

You basically picked, literally, the one instance where this has ended badly and the reason it ended badly was poor judgment by (of all places) Miami's leadership.

Did Snoop and Master P take down USC? Did "rappers" involvement in our football program (as many have noted above) lead to widespread disaster?

Look, we all get what you're saying. What I'm saying is, done properly, this can help to propel our program. That's all I'm saying. I don't get the hand-wringing.

Lil' Jon is the NBA's voice for their new national broadcasts (which have a billion dollar price tag, I might add). But it'd hurt us to have him wear a GT hat or 2? No one's saying make him the AD and an honorary grad.

It's 2017 man. I think we can trust that our coaches/admins are walking into things like this with their eyes open.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
im all for them promoting the program. Just think peacone made a valid point regarding keeping an eye on things & limiting access. Programs can get in trouble quickly.....strippergate at Louisville anyone?

You basically picked, literally, the one instance where this has ended badly and the reason it ended badly was poor judgment by (of all places) Miami's leadership.

Did Snoop and Master P take down USC? Did "rappers" involvement in our football program (as many have noted above) lead to widespread disaster?

Look, we all get what you're saying. What I'm saying is, done properly, this can help to propel our program. That's all I'm saying. I don't get the hand-wringing.

Lil' Jon is the NBA's voice for their new national broadcasts (which have a billion dollar price tag, I might add). But it'd hurt us to have him wear a GT hat or 2? No one's saying make him the AD and an honorary grad.

It's 2017 man. I think we can trust that our coaches/admins are walking into things like this with their eyes open.QUOTE

Last edited:

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
TI has been on the sidelines and Outkast as well. Nothing happened. Keep it up and get the GT name out there any way possible. Hell, GNR and Metallica can rock GT gear too. Just get the brand out there and make the school "cool" again. In the early 90's you'd see GT hats on rappers like Tribe Called Quest (Phife Dog) and Cuba Gooding he wore a GT hat in Boyz n the Hood. Right now the GT brand is dead in the 30 and under age group outside of GA. Time to bring it back.
IMG_3384.JPG

IMG_3383.JPG

I actually managed to find this hat after seeing these pictures. Mine has a black bill, though.

northgajacket

Banned
There was a pic of Brooke Shields wearing a Ga Tech jersey when she was popular, the way I see it publicity is publicity, as long as celebs don't break NCAA rules, its all good. It helps when celebs wear GT stuff IMO