Pastner with Hip-Hop Stars

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Will be interesting to see how GT capitalizes on our new Music Technology program. Given Atlanta is one of the biggest destinations for recording artists and producers, GT would be wise to capitalize on leveraging more collaborations with recording artist both as marketing opportunities (like CPast with Andre 3000) and to gain momentum for the new Music Tech school.

You paying attention GT marketing department?!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man, there are some seriously butthurt Memphis fans commenting on that picture.

Just mad 'cause Tubby's taking polaroids with old Jazz legends instead. #NotRelevant :pompous:

Anyway, haters gon' hate ....
This is exactly what our football and basketball programs need! There's a lot of young star power in the ATL and we need our school and athletic programs to get with it.

I recall CPJ had TI on the sidelines of (I think) the 1st MIA whiteout game. The one where we destroyed them. That was the night MTV filmed that TI special where he was mentoring kids as part of his own legal situation or w/e.

Not sure why it hasn't materialized much more from there. It's a resource we're certainly under-utilizing. I've said in the past, the last weekend in SEP should be our main recruiting weekend for fball. Basically the HBCU version of the kickoff classic. Big-time party weekend.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Just mad 'cause Tubby's taking polaroids with old Jazz legends instead. #NotRelevant :pompous:

I recall CPJ had TI on the sidelines of (I think) the 1st MIA whiteout game. The one where we destroyed them. That was the night MTV filmed that TI special where he was mentoring kids as part of his own legal situation or w/e.

Not sure why it hasn't materialized much more from there. It's a resource we're certainly under-utilizing. I've said in the past, the last weekend in SEP should be our main recruiting weekend for fball. Basically the HBCU version of the kickoff classic. Big-time party weekend.
I was at that game. Great crowd and nice to get someone like TI there. I thought this is the beginning of making GT hot with mainstream hip hop and younger kids but for whatever reason it died after that. Maybe I'm ignorant to what goes on there with GT marketing because I'm in MI but for a engineering school and one that prides itself on technology we lack poorly in anything that involves promoting the school or athletics.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I was at that game. Great crowd and nice to get someone like TI there. I thought this is the beginning of making GT hot with mainstream hip hop and younger kids but for whatever reason it died after that. Maybe I'm ignorant to what goes on there with GT marketing because I'm in MI but for a engineering school and one that prides itself on technology we lack poorly in anything that involves promoting the school or athletics.

GT marketing all the way around has appeared to be a major fail for decades. Seems to fall under the 'oh, it's not strictly academics? Not important' category. They should have the insight to understand how to use these things to promote/bolster the school itself through sports/marketing. But I guess that's too much like right?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
GT marketing all the way around has appeared to be a major fail for decades. Seems to fall under the 'oh, it's not strictly academics? Not important' category. They should have the insight to understand how to use these things to promote/bolster the school itself through sports/marketing. But I guess that's too much like right?

Ga Tech sports mktg should be an MBA thesis subject EVERY year.!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I'm pretty sure this was Gailey, but this became big recruiting tool having the Dungeon Family and Grand Hustle as a fixture on Tech sideline.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Thought I was up to speed on hip-hop but I still have no idea who Quavo is...LOL

I was gonna let it go, but I have no idea who/what that is. It's sad too. I was on top of my game until about 5-6 years ago.

Ah well. From now on I'm just gonna pretend I know who folks are. Starting now ... Yeah, yeah I know El Chapo too, dtm. :cool:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was gonna let it go, but I have no idea who/what that is. It's sad too. I was on top of my game until about 5-6 years ago.

Ah well. From now on I'm just gonna pretend I know who folks are. Starting now ... Yeah, yeah I know El Chapo too, dtm. :cool:
I didn't say El Chapo. I said El Chapo Junior.

Whenever I'm in town and hanging with my friend, he'll play that Streetz radio station. Keeps me up on things like Broccoli.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I didn't say El Chapo. I said El Chapo Junior.

Whenever I'm in town and hanging with my friend, he'll play that Streetz radio station. Keeps me up on things like Broccoli.

Yeah, that's what I said.

On topic, I still think this is a pretty big deal. If we can ever get it cooking in the ThrillerDome, GT bball can become a destination spot.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
THIS WHAT THE FOOTBALL TEAM NEEDS TO DO!!!!! MAKE GT ATLANTA'S TEAM by embracing the music culture not just hiphop.

Quavo is a member of the rap group Migos.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Raise your hand if you're glad CB jumped in and said who these dudes are? :unsure:

Dang I'm old. And I must've looked at that dude 100 times thinking, "Is that ... Shump? Nah .... but dang he looks just like him ... is that Shump?"
hahaha you probably have heard Panda by Desiigner and Quavo is 1/3 of the rap group Migos(who are partially responsible for the creation of the dab). If you look them up and listen to their songs, Quavo will let you know about 20 times that it's his turn on a verse.
P.S. Desiigner is from NY, but is probably visiting his broads in Atlanta