Pastner with Hip-Hop Stars

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Not totally related, nor am I sure of the veracity of it, but this is floating out there on twitter...

The whole thing was handled poorly and multiple artists (potentially Young Thug?) were offered and declined before Kid Ink was ever settled on.

SCPC is excited to announce Kid Ink as the headliner for Georgia Tech's Homecoming Concert. Kid Ink is most known for his greatest hits, Promise ft. Fetty Wap and Show Me ft. Chris Brown. SCPC looks forward to having Kid Ink on campus for a great night of music and to kick off Homecoming 2016.

Up until yesterday, the show was scheduled to have two main artists, the second artist being Bebe Rexha. Bebe Rexha canceled her appearance the morning of October 11th to attend the European Music Awards. If you want to know more about our planning process, see the timeline below.

At this time we are working to finalize all the details of the concert. Please check back to SCPC's website and facebook page for updates.

In the meantime, here's what we've got planned-
Georgia Tech's own student artist Linear will start the night and open the show. The concert is Thursday, October 20th at Couch Park. Gates open at 6:45pm. The event is FREE to all GT students plus one guest. Don't forget your buzzcard!

14680687_10155308112338066_3413495431175996288_n.png

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Why do you say it was handled poorly, @McCamish Maniacs ? Genuine question as I have no real perspective on how these things are handled.

I'd imagine getting turned down is part of the deal. Having someone back out is clearly not a good thing but I don't see anything there that's that bad but, again, I have no perspective.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Why do you say it was handled poorly, @McCamish Maniacs ? Genuine question as I have no real perspective on how these things are handled.

I'd imagine getting turned down is part of the deal. Having someone back out is clearly not a good thing but I don't see anything there that's that bad but, again, I have no perspective.

You're right. I don't have any more inside info than you do. Personally, I don't understand why you wouldn't/can't atleast do a little bit of research before hand so that you aren't having students vote on people that there isn't any chance of coming here. And then when you do finally finalize something, half of performance backs out. Not to mention, I've heard rumors about the budget changing and million times, which isn't necessarily the fault of the people organizing the event, but again, it's a poor reflection.

The point of my post was more that GT may not have necessarily "chosen" Kid Ink over Young Thug. That's just how it played out.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You're right. I don't have any more inside info than you do. Personally, I don't understand why you wouldn't/can't atleast do a little bit of research before hand so that you aren't having students vote on people that there isn't any chance of coming here. And then when you do finally finalize something, half of performance backs out. Not to mention, I've heard rumors about the budget changing and million times, which isn't necessarily the fault of the people organizing the event, but again, it's a poor reflection.

The point of my post was more that GT may not have necessarily "chosen" Kid Ink over Young Thug. That's just how it played out.

Yeah, I think we agree for the most part. We ended up with that guy but didn't necessarily choose him.

I'd add, after seeing what UGA had to do to get Ludacris for their Spring game, it's possible we refused to honor some of the ancillary requests of some of the folks that pulled out.

All in all, I wish we'd got our 1st choice (whoever that was) but maybe I won't kill them for how it ended up necessarily. Then again, we have a history of blundering things like this so ... I dunno. Hope it all goes well. Maybe we'll have a surprise performer that makes it all go better?

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
We need 21 Savage, Lil Uzi, Lil Yachty and Kodak on campus. Kodak should help us get some Insta-commits.
Kodak is from FL and Uzi is from up north somewhere. I doubt they want anything to do with tech. There are plenty of ATL artists in multiple genres that could help. Imagine a Migos song ft. All the big ATL people ,Outkast, T.I., Luda, Jeezy, Future, Gucci Mane etc called "Russell Swag". All the recruits would want to rock the R lol

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kodak is from FL and Uzi is from up north somewhere. I doubt they want anything to do with tech. There are plenty of ATL artists in multiple genres that could help. Imagine a Migos song ft. All the big ATL people ,Outkast, T.I., Luda, Jeezy, Future, Gucci Mane etc called "Russell Swag". All the recruits would want to rock the R lol
I can't imagine what you'd have to pay all these folks to convince them to rep Russell in a song. Also, let's not give anyone any ideas.

B.O.B. I know of from the song haterz everywhere, which is really old. He also has an annual Xmas show in ATL, which I believe is a fundraiser.

Deleted member 2897

Busta Rhymes is a classic. In a crowded industry, his style is unique. Looks like he has put on a few pounds though. ;) Probably a result of the $100M he's made in the last decade.

Here is a sample of classic Bussa Buss (stay with it until 2:00 to see the classic lyrical velocity he's known for) :)