Pastner Wardrobe Watch

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
He hasn't really killed it anywhere so I'm not super concerned. Nolley has spurned them. Hagans has spurned them. King is probably going to spurn them. Jonas Hayes is gone. Not super concerned with Dollar and Dwight Schrute.
giphy.gif

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully that is sarcasm...I ain’t worried. I’m sure that he will recruit better than he did at GT but that ain’t saying much.

It was more of a “wouldn’t that just be our luck” statement.

Lays an egg while in Atlanta and then goes to Athens and murders

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
It was more of a “wouldn’t that just be our luck” statement.

Lays an egg while in Atlanta and then goes to Athens and murders

That Charlie Brown style sad sack stuff is the worst thing about our fan base. It really needs to stop. It is self-destructive and extremely off-putting to outsiders.

There is nothing more destructive to Tech athletics than the miserable musings of our own fans.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, THAT'S the most destructive thing....

It is. It permeates the culture and drives away potential fans. The constant whining of supposed supporters wears down the GTAA staff over time and makes them cynical and snarky. It hurts our image.

I spend more time in press boxes than most people. Tech sucks at PR and the number one reason why is our negative, sad sack fans.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
It is. It permeates the culture and drives away potential fans. The constant whining of supposed supporters wears down the GTAA staff over time and makes them cynical and snarky. It hurts our image.

I spend more time in press boxes than most people. Tech sucks at PR and the number one reason why is our negative, sad sack fans.
@CuseJacket you gotta become an evangelist in the press box bro

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

Mine was mostly said in jest. I do see some of the examples of what you’re referring to though. Especially in the twitter-verse.

I think one thing Pastner has done well since he has been here is promoting the program and it seems to be reflected on game days (during the ACC schedule at least). There are some things with the basketball program though that just seem to drag that you don’t typically see with the more successful programs in the P5.

I don’t actually have a whole lot of faith in Dollar, certainly not compared to what Crean could have had with Hayes.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Mine was mostly said in jest. I do see some of the examples of what you’re referring to though. Especially in the twitter-verse.

I think one thing Pastner has done well since he has been here is promoting the program and it seems to be reflected on game days (during the ACC schedule at least). There are some things with the basketball program though that just seem to drag that you don’t typically see with the more successful programs in the P5.

I don’t actually have a whole lot of faith in Dollar, certainly not compared to what Crean could have had with Hayes.

I thought the Dollar hire would be cause for celebration among the GT faithful so your comment struck me as extremely negative. Our fans, primarily alumni, bombard the GTAA with negativity. It sure shocked Bobinski. He had no idea what he got into and got out as soon as he could.

Bobinski was a bad fit for many reasons but he couldn't believe the nonsense that came from our alumni. Just to be clear, all fan bases have idiots and whiners. GT lacks the group that most have a lot of, positive supporters, to balance it out. We have some but they don't come close to balancing it out.

The people who work for GTAA get worn down by it and it shows.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I thought the Dollar hire would be cause for celebration among the GT faithful so your comment struck me as extremely negative. Our fans, primarily alumni, bombard the GTAA with negativity. It sure shocked Bobinski. He had no idea what he got into and got out as soon as he could.

Bobinski was a bad fit for many reasons but he couldn't believe the nonsense that came from our alumni. Just to be clear, all fan bases have idiots and whiners. GT lacks the group that most have a lot of, positive supporters, to balance it out. We have some but they don't come close to balancing it out.

I had never heard that about the negativity on the level of MBob. That is discouraging.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I’m a sidewalk fan, didn’t graduate from GT, but do hold season tix for football and I feel like I have more of an allegiance than some who hold degrees from GT. The ones that are glass-half-full, like me, usually get scolded and told that they’re delusional.

In this case, I’ve known Peacone36 through the boards for years and felt that he was just being sarcastic, but you're 100% right. Our fan base feels like they can write an email, bitching and moaning, stating their displeasure simply because they donate or hold season tickets, as if it is going to move the needle. I’m sure that it causes a good laugh for receipent as they hit send on their canned response, followed by delete.