Parker Braun, where best to put him?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Last year - Imo Will was lean so he could be quick inside and outside down field (@ tackle) I want him bulked up , quick , and nasty and at guard.
We need to let the rt thing sort itself out with out shuffling Will all over the place.

As a true freshman he ran out on field in the disaster of 15 and has never given less than 110%.

View attachment 3578 View attachment 3577

Imagine being a linebacker or strong safety coming up to fill the gap and looking up to see BIG as Al Ciraldo used to intone Will Bryan coming right at you as in the picture. Best hit the deck and maybe he won't see you. Positively frightening.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Who can explain the different requirements for left and right guard?

I think that Right Guard has to act as a deodorant or antiperspirant sometimes ...
upload_2018-6-8_7-26-59.png

MidtownJacket

Staff member
@dressedcheeseside - it depends on the offense and personnel. Generally though the guard who is opposite the natural direction our QB likes to pull and roll to has to be more mobile and able to pull as needed. (If QB likes to run right, than the LG is who we are talking about here). The other guard needs to be a little larger and able to set the line / control LoS for creating gaps to run through.

This is overly simplified but a good first step in the different things we ask them to do.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't matter where he is--he is a HOSS.
I thought at yr end that Cooper in '18 was THE key on OL with no good sub obvious. Then he gets hurt. My next fear is losing Braun which would pretty much destroy the Off.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I've heard that Morgan has won one of the guard slots, and Bryan will slide out to tackle. Hard to believe, but from a very good source.
Good for whichever Morgan won the position. I believe both have been bitten by injuries. Hopefully we can build some depth.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
So Will started as freshman (15) while morgan red shirted and has not really seen the field in 16 or 17, but now he( r-jr) is the starter over will (sr).

Yea, i see how that works.

Maybe the ol coaches has recruited to many guards now they got to get them on field Been watch the M and M guys for a while. SView attachment 3580
It’s not about one of the Morgan’s beating out Will, it’s about getting the best 5 on the field.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
If one of the Morgan’s is considered by our coaching staff as on a par or even very close in performance to Will at guard then I am very happy. Depth is so important on the online for the long season and especially when playing teams like Clempson that have great depth on their d-line.