Parker Braun, where best to put him?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
"The sooner u find out your wife is leaving u the more money u have after the divorce. "

Ditto returning OL guys from injury - rs senior and 2 year starter need to be ready day 1 or we need to play with the guys we have till they are ready.

i like what we did in the VT game when Will B was at rg ( Shamire was on bench). We got 2 long drives for td.

With the injured guys back and with Will bulked back up, ( i think he is slated for rg) we should be pretty salty.

With this group of highly experienced ol, coach can call all kinds of schemes.

If we have every one back and reserves are ready to get playing time, i say let parker stay at lg.

The only question is pass blocking. Most of the sudden break downs seemed to come from rt area. If we are missing the injured center and the injured tackle, i would agree we move parker to right side and move will to tackle.

i was thinking if we need Lee at Center that we might move parker to r tackle and play some of the backup guards.

Whose going to be back from injury.?
This is Will Bryans last year, and I would do everything I could to keep him at RG. Guard or center seems to be his natural position.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Imo, Parker is our best OL. In '14, Shaq Mason was our best OL. We put him at RG and we dominated. Why not move Parker over to the right side? Is there a different priority in our O with respect to RG vs LG? Whenever we've have dominant RG's, we've dominated. Uzzi, Mason... those two guys anchored our best OL's in the Johnson era, imo.

The only reason to keep PB at LG is if we can cement Will Bryan at RG. I think he can have the same impact there if he can be a full time RG. However, he is so versatile and valuable to the O as a utility guy and we are so prone to injury on the OL that I don't see that happening.

Anyway, I look forward to one of our most productive and dominating OL's since '14. We may even surpass it if we stay healthy.[/QUOTE

Put Will at guard and leave him there. How hard is this? The ONLY way I would change my mind is that if Jack D is really, really, sensational right out the box which I doubt and because of his size put him at guard and move Will to tackle. Parker is a guard but may not fit the bill as being the right guard which I understand should be the most physical and biggest, baddest dude you got to help out a right handed quarterback. Will fits that bill better although Jack D has that look to him as well.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This makes sense to me. Leave Will and Parker at guard and let the tackles sort themselves out in practice and let the best man win.
Last year - Imo Will was lean so he could be quick inside and outside down field (@ tackle) I want him bulked up , quick , and nasty and at guard.
We need to let the rt thing sort itself out with out shuffling Will all over the place.

As a true freshman he ran out on field in the disaster of 15 and has never given less than 110%.

20171022_173715_resized.jpg
20170906_213126.jpg

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Taquon Marshall is right handed.

My understanding is that it really depends on the quarterback. If he is right handed like Marshall, you want your best lineman at right guard. Correction: Not necessarily best so much as most physically imposing, perhaps best drive blocker I am not sure but it seems that going all the way back to Uzzi the biggest player has been the right guard. Seems like Vad was left handed so maybe it was different for him don't know. I do know that if Parker and Will are our two guards we are in really good shape and I see no really good reason to be moving Will around like he was a chess piece.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I've heard that Morgan has won one of the guard slots, and Bryan will slide out to tackle. Hard to believe, but from a very good source.
So Will started as freshman (15) while morgan red shirted and has not really seen the field in 16 or 17, but now he( r-jr) is the starter over will (sr).

Yea, i see how that works.

Maybe the ol coaches has recruited to many guards now they got to get them on field Been watch the M and M guys for a while. S
20171021_195152.jpg

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I've heard that Morgan has won one of the guard slots, and Bryan will slide out to tackle. Hard to believe, but from a very good source.

I will believe it when I see it. Not discounting the source but the idea of moving a natural guard who is the most physical player we have out to tackle does not make a whole lot of sense to me. I still think we would be better off with Will and Parker at guard and let the rest of them see what they can do at tackle. If none of them work out, then it would probably be necessary to move Will. I do remember that when Will Jackson was here he was moved around bouncing between guard and tackle and he clearly stated that his preference was to play guard. I have not heard from W Bryan or his dad what his preference would be but that might be a consideration also. Perhaps, he would prefer to play tackle.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I will believe it when I see it. Not discounting the source but the idea of moving a natural guard who is the most physical player we have out to tackle does not make a whole lot of sense to me. I still think we would be better off with Will and Parker at guard and let the rest of them see what they can do at tackle. If none of them work out, then it would probably be necessary to move Will. I do remember that when Will Jackson was here he was moved around bouncing between guard and tackle and he clearly stated that his preference was to play guard. I have not heard from W Bryan or his dad what his preference would be but that might be a consideration also. Perhaps, he would prefer to play tackle.
He wants to play guard.
He will come in strong and his experience make it hard to not play him there.
But what the ol coach will do is ....

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
# 60, I believe it is Brad Morgan. If this is true, then congrats to sticking in there and developing the skills to be an out standing guard. Don't blame the coaches, complement them on the fine job of player development
What has he done that makes him an outstanding guard?

i guess Sewak wants big guard - like shamire

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Brad is a hard working bring your lunch pail to work kind of player. We need 3 guards and 4 tackles playing in every game if we are going to make a run for the ACC. Tackles spend a lot of time running in the second level. With the new rule, they will be staying on their feet a lot more. As far as where Will wants to play, he just likes to play. If Coop is out and losing Stick, they might need Will to play tackle. Will has started for 3 years and has basically split time between the two positions. He played 3 positions in the spring game. So who knows. I never know until they warmup before the game :).

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Brad is a hard working bring your lunch pail to work kind of player. We need 3 guards and 4 tackles playing in every game if we are going to make a run for the ACC. Tackles spend a lot of time running in the second level. With the new rule, they will be staying on their feet a lot more. As far as where Will wants to play, he just likes to play. If Coop is out and losing Stick, they might need Will to play tackle. Will has started for 3 years and has basically split time between the two positions. He played 3 positions in the
spring game. So who knows. I never know until they warmup before the game :).
Cooper? In 16 17 he has played center almost every down. If he is out and the tackle Marshall (who u meant ?) is out, we should keep Will at guard! 2 guys w virtually no game experience in the g c g slot is a bad plan u less they learn very fast.

If the coaches are going to try new at guard, they will probably do the same at tackle.
This should be the year we start building ol depth during the season . With the aggressive (for good or bad) the o will be back on the field quickly.

imo we must have 2 o g that can pull and lead the counter option. i know braun and Will can do that!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Cooper? In 16 17 he has played center almost every down. If he is out and the tackle Marshall (who u meant ?) is out, we should keep Will at guard! 2 guys w virtually no game experience in the g c g slot is a bad plan u less they learn very fast.

If the coaches are going to try new at guard, they will probably do the same at tackle.
This should be the year we start building ol depth during the season . With the aggressive (for good or bad) the o will be back on the field quickly.

imo we must have 2 o g that can pull and lead the counter option. i know braun and Will can do that!

We'll put the best 5 out there. If the next up G is a better G than the next up T is a T, then Will will play T. That's my understanding fwiw.