Our Next Two Opponents

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Miami's DL was close in terms of size and athleticism. Miami just doesn't have a Vic Beasley. I think Miami has better LBs than Clemson. We've never let one stud DL really shut us down.

We are a MUCH better offense since the Miami game.

Clemson has more than one stud DL...that's the problem. I would take all of them over any player from the Miami front 4.

I'm not sure I agree on the LB's...Anthony for Clemson at MLB played us so well last year, way better than DP did.

I will dive more into this later tonight but its a matchup I'm really excited to see...been waiting all year for this.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Clemson has more than one stud DL...that's the problem. I would take all of them over any player from the Miami front 4.

I'm not sure I agree on the LB's...Anthony for Clemson at MLB played us so well last year, way better than DP did.

I will dive more into this later tonight but its a matchup I'm really excited to see...been waiting all year for this.

Here's a comparison (keep in mind, Miami has already played us when we put up 371 Total offense and 318 rushing yards on them...so those are included).

Total Defense:
Clemson #2 (252 yards/game)
Miami #11 (312 yards/game)

Scoring Defense:
Clemson #12 (18.4 pts/game)
Miami #26 (21.9 pts/game)

Rushing Defense
Clemson #4 (90.9 yds/game)
Miami #31 (131.9 yds/game)

Passing Efficiency Defense
Clemson #8 (103.68)
Miami #18 (108.17)

Fumbles recovered
Clemson (not in top 50)
Miami tied for #8 (11 recovered)

Sacks
Clemson #2 (35 total sacks)
Miami #33 (24 total sacks)

Tackles for loss
Clemson #1 (91 Total)
Miami not in top 50 (45 total)

Looking at the stats, Clemson is statistically superior than Miami...but not by much, and we are a good reason why Miami dropped some in quite a few of those stats.

It's going to be a good matchup, but we are MUCH better offense since we played Miami. Defending us is totally different than defending any other team. In my opinion, in terms of athleticism and size, Miami is the closest comparison of the teams we've played. I think they really don't slow us down that much because we are humming right now.

I think the real matchup will be our defense against their offense. Our offense will be fine.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It should be interesting. Great defenses don't always mean great against the flex bone. FSU had some really good statistical defenses the years we lit them up back in the early days. The big question is can they play disciplined? Can they get ready to play our offense? They had trouble stopping the 2013 version last year. It has for me to see a team shutting us down right now if we don't self destruct. I don't think we will be near the 50s, but I think our offense will give them real trouble.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
I have heard a lot of fear coming out of our fan base for the upcoming games. Many think there is no way we can stop their offenses or compete in the games. I have no idea how these games are going to play out, but I guarantee you one thing: both of those teams are just as afraid of our offense as we are of theirs. We could be the most feared offense in the land right now.
Only going to look ahead to Clemson, but I feel we match up well and our offense is going to get points. Based on how both teams have played recently I feel good about our chances. Going to have to keep playing at a high level.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Clemson DL is great...our OL is great....gonna be a fun matchup most likely. The Clemson QB....worries me. Elusive QBs are the bane of our D this year. Statue Mason concerns me not at all.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
No DLman in the country wants to take on Shaq Mason on the boards right now. He can drive block anybody. If they're athletic enough, they might be able to go around him fast enough to still help with the play, but they're not going to be able to just stand their ground.

This the first time since a long time I'm excited to see our matchup in the trenches. I really want to see us blow Clemson and uga back off the ball.

very much looking forward to longestdays' vines after those games.