Our Next Two Opponents

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have heard a lot of fear coming out of our fan base for the upcoming games. Many think there is no way we can stop their offenses or compete in the games. I have no idea how these games are going to play out, but I guarantee you one thing: both of those teams are just as afraid of our offense as we are of theirs. We could be the most feared offense in the land right now.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
It's back to 08/09/2011 again folks. The dark ages of 2012/2013 are well in the rear view mirror.

I feel like this team could compete with even FSU, and Clem's Son and Alto State Athens ain't on the level of the Noles.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Yes, Clem's son has a great defense . . . against the kind of offenses everyone else plays. They have been known to play undisciplined against us in the past. I'm almost at 50/50 shot for us to beat them right now.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
This is Clemsons best Dline in years. Maybe the best Dline in the country this year. Glad our Oline is likewise killing it. Will be a great matchup.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Only worried about Clemson this week. Will have two weeks to worry about the pups a week from know.

Feeling better about our realistic chances :)

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I have heard a lot of fear coming out of our fan base for the upcoming games. Many think there is no way we can stop their offenses or compete in the games. I have no idea how these games are going to play out, but I guarantee you one thing: both of those teams are just as afraid of our offense as we are of theirs. We could be the most feared offense in the land right now.
You've read U.S. Grant's memoirs, I see.

Grant says that early in the Civil War he was going into his first battle as a commanding general. He was extremely concerned about what might happen and what the Confederate general would do when the conflict began. The next morning his force marched to where Grant thought the battle would be fought and found that the opposing force had abandoned the field. He says it suddenly struck him that his opponent had been as afraid of what might happen as he had been. It was, "A lesson I never forgot."

And, yes, the main thing to think about isn't what Clemson will do to us. It's what we will do to Clemson.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think our O can compete with any D out there. We are going to need our D to be opportunistic to win the next 2 games. I like our team. It is nice to be able to say we don't need our D to hold an opponent under 17 to be able to win.

Declinometer

Banned
Really odd! I just wrote something similar in another thread before reading your post! You said it much better!

Atomic Jacket

Banned

Updated projections for the next 2 games:

% Chance of Georgia Tech Win
48% Clemson
17% at Georgia

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am not trying to say that definitively we should be favored. I think both of these games will be really tough for us simply because our D doesn't really match up well. However, our offense is like what Bama's defense has been for them the last few years. It always gives us a chance. I know CLEM has a really good DL. But I also know that when the reads are right, your QB is really quick, and the OL is coming off the ball, it can neutralize a great DL. We don't have to beat their DL, we just have to option them off appropriately.

I haven't watched the NCST replay yet, but I am not so naive to think that the next 2 games will be as easy. The Pack made things pretty simple for us. It won't be like that for the rest of November. However, we have shown we can control the game even against very good defenses already. I do not approach these games with any fear in the least bit. Even as a fan, I anxiously await the challenge and I stand behind our kids. This is where we prove to everybody that we are a team to be respected.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I am not trying to say that definitively we should be favored. I think both of these games will be really tough for us simply because our D doesn't really match up well. However, our offense is like what Bama's defense has been for them the last few years. It always gives us a chance. I know CLEM has a really good DL. But I also know that when the reads are right, your QB is really quick, and the OL is coming off the ball, it can neutralize a great DL. We don't have to beat their DL, we just have to option them off appropriately.

I haven't watched the NCST replay yet, but I am not so naive to think that the next 2 games will be as easy. The Pack made things pretty simple for us. It won't be like that for the rest of November. However, we have shown we can control the game even against very good defenses already. I do not approach these games with any fear in the least bit. Even as a fan, I anxiously await the challenge and I stand behind our kids. This is where we prove to everybody that we are a team to be respected.
Do you think any of the DL's we've faced already are in any way comparable to Clem's?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Miami's DL was close in terms of size and athleticism. Miami just doesn't have a Vic Beasley. I think Miami has better LBs than Clemson. We've never let one stud DL really shut us down.

We are a MUCH better offense since the Miami game.