Option Football

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
it’s an honor to see my name amongst the greats

jk if what y’all are saying is true my man sounds unhinged. i prefer to give y’all a hard time not recruits, players and coaches directly

Oh he was absolutely horrible. I believe he also went after current players too. To get them to transfer.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I read Ibeeballin’s post as reinforcing JacketFan137’s post, which is all about how perception is important as opposed to truth. If influencers a) think you run the option, and b) therefore you can’t develop a QB for the NFL, it doesn’t matter if they are correct or not, you will have a harder time attracting top QB recruits.
That’s probably true. But does it matter if you can win without them? I may be in the minority, but I don’t really care if we put players in the NFL. I just want Georgia Tech to win. I don’t think you have to have an NFL quarterback to do that - and likewise, I don’t think having an NFL quarterback means you will win. So why so much focus?

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s not what the tweet said at all.
1668182377008.png

That's how I read it. He's saying Wake's offense is "the option" is he not? Unless he's just randomly throwing "the option" into the discussion with no other link to the comment.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 13496
That's how I read it. He's saying Wake's offense is "the option" is he not? Unless he's just randomly throwing "the option" into the discussion with no other link to the comment.

He is saying wakes offense is worse than the option. "Not sure there is an offense worse than developing QBS other than the option. That being said Wofford did sign a pro contract and hartman is probably getting drafted so clawson will be 2 for 2 on qbs getting into the league that played 4 years for him.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
hes saying besides the option, wake forest offense sucks at developing qbs
He is saying wakes offense is worse than the option. "Not sure there is an offense worse than developing QBS other than the option. That being said Wofford did sign a pro contract and hartman is probably getting drafted so clawson will be 2 for 2 on qbs getting into the league that played 4 years for him.
That’s not what the tweet said at all.
oh dam y'all are right haha I can't read lol

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wake's Sam Hartman will test his theory. I like Quincy Avery, but he does put misleading ideas into the heads of QBs he trains.