Opening Weeknd - UIC/Richmond/WVU

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Serratos has made 4 errors tonight. He's DHing the rest of the year if I'm the coach.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
What was with the WVU pitcher throwing shade at McCann at the end of the 10th? That was kind of bizarre.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Well, a win beats the crap out of a loss.

I was hoping Nick would ninja mind game a walk off walk.

But I'll take it. The team rushing the field and other body language this year shows more emotion than last year.

But the in-field errors are going to lose a lot of games if they continue.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Well, a win beats the crap out of a loss.

I was hoping Nick would ninja mind game a walk off walk.

But I'll take it. The team rushing the field and other body language this year shows more emotion than last year.

But the in-field errors are going to lose a lot of games if they continue.
Yeah, but take Serratos out and we only made 2 errors as a team this weekend. I'd put Guldberg or Miller at 3rd and let Serratos DH.

Based on this weekend, the lineup should be Murray, Guldberg, McCann, English, Serratos, A. Wilhite, Waddell, Hall, N. Wilhite/Miller.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm very pleased with our pitching this weekend for the most part. The 5 errors today is what did us in vs WVU. Pitchers had one bad inning vs Richmond who is currently up on KSU and about to be 3-0. Xza and Thomas looked great, English was sharp, Gibson and Carpenter came up big, Bartnicki was thrown into a tough situation and came out with a huge K, etc.

Primary concern is our offense. Outside of McCann and English we are looking pretty rough.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Happy to be 2-1 instead of 1-2.

Have nothing to add since I cannot see any of these early games where I am right now (vacation), but the unearned runs are quite disturbing. However, to be honest, I have not gotten my hopes up for this year's team. I wanted to wait and see them do something on the field worth getting excited about first.