Only off topic coversations!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I'm just here to say the amount of off-topic conversations in this thread is unfathomable.

OP is reading all these ridiculous cornbread and jalapeño conversations like ...

rage GIF
The death knell began the instant the thread title was completed.

SunBum

Georgia Tech Fan
I think y'all got way too much thought and energy overhead invested in cornbread. I make it maybe 2-3 times a year using the recipe on the back of the martha white bag and it does what it's supposed to do.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
I think y'all got way too much thought and energy overhead invested in cornbread. I make it maybe 2-3 times a year using the recipe on the back of the martha white bag and it does what it's supposed to do.
Northeast Stinger: "We need a more thorough discussion of the 2-4-5 defense and leaving out the sugar".
I moved from Ga. to Wis. about 35 years ago. I made buttermilk cornbread in a cast iron skillet for my northern relations. They spit it out because it had "soured"
(no sugar). They like cornbread sweet, like a piece of cake :vomit:.
Sorry, I couldn't help myself.......

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I must confess, that’s my base recipe too… but like any industrious engineering mind, I can improve upon it…. And I do!

Perhaps if you were to entertain some of the advice herein, you might reach for a cast iron skillet and Martha White bag more than twice a year?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Northeast Stinger: "We need a more thorough discussion of the 2-4-5 defense and leaving out the sugar".
I moved from Ga. to Wis. about 35 years ago. I made buttermilk cornbread in a cast iron skillet for my northern relations. They spit it out because it had "soured"
The main reason I first bought a cast iron skillet was to make cornbread! Of course I use it for many other things but that was the initial reason for the investment. I'm pretty sure that thing will be in my family forever, now. Kind of surprised my Mom and my MIL (may she rest in peace, I use kitchen stuff I got from her every day) didn't have a cast iron skillet to bequeath to me. But since they did so much else for me and in my Mom's case continues to do so I've forgiven them for that. 😁

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I intentionally use expired ingredients to prove a program rebuild can be done with useless resources from the last tenure.

shocked jurassic park GIF

Forget post of the day .... this might be the galdayum post of the decade.

Brilliant! Witty, subtle, full-circle encapsulation of this thread.
I laughed, I cried. It’s better than Cats. I’d read it again and again.
View attachment 15585

There aren't enough leftover, free-internet AOL disks to encapsulate the amount of likes that post deserves.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You guys are warped. The 0-11-0 is the only way to go. It is exceeded only by UNCheat’s 0-12-0 system with the stripy guy playing cover 11.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I think the OP did this on purpose. We need things to talk about during the off season. The odds have to be tiny that he/she would think a title like that was not guaranteed to go off the rails and then back on again off/on. It is what it is

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I think the OP did this on purpose. We need things to talk about during the off season. The odds have to be tiny that he/she would think a title like that was not guaranteed to go off the rails and then back on again off/on. It is what it is
IMG_7489.gif

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And, THIS is why Wisconsinites can never be trusted with a 2-4-5 defense.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
The main reason I first bought a cast iron skillet was to make cornbread! Of course I use it for many other things but that was the initial reason for the investment. I'm pretty sure that thing will be in my family forever, now. Kind of surprised my Mom and my MIL (may she rest in peace, I use kitchen stuff I got from her every day) didn't have a cast iron skillet to bequeath to me. But since they did so much else for me and in my Mom's case continues to do so I've forgiven them for that. 😁
Some days, there is nothing I would rather eat than a wedge of buttermilk cornbread with butter ! It always brings back memories of my Mom and growing up "down south ". Add some black-eyed peas with collard greens and you are living well !