On to Miami

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I dont buy into the players suck and were dogging it in bg game.
They had an attack scheme. On 3rd and short they faked dive and passed. We were on our heals.

The only thing on fire is fhe coaches scheeming the next series.

Miami has spent tons on coaches. If our coaches out scheme them and we come lose to w, thats great.

I hope we show our path to a running game is bad xss schemed up passing attack.
I don't know what to believe but the poor tackling and lack of effort at times leads me to disagree with you about the players. There is very little talent and not a whole lot of want to that I can see. That said, the coaching has been pretty bad as well. It is just a sad situation all the way around. Miami is a 21 or so point favorite. I would not be surprised to see them blow us out by four or five touchdowns. They are really good this year after so many times of the "U is back" being a mirage.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What's the deal with everyone wanting to wear black uniforms? Last weekend Tennessee wore black uniforms. I'm waiting to see Penn State wear them.
Black is the new gray. Remember a few years back everyone seemingly was wearing some shade of gray ? I even saw Tennessee wear them with orange trim. Ridiculous. A cautionary note, Georgia wore them in a "black out" special against Alabama in a battle of top ten unbeatens when the Reverend was coach and Alabama blew the Dwags off the field by halftime.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Black is the new gray. Remember a few years back everyone seemingly was wearing some shade of gray ? I even saw Tennessee wear them with orange trim. Ridiculous. A cautionary note, Georgia wore them in a "black out" special against Alabama in a battle of top ten unbeatens when the Reverend was coach and Alabama blew the Dwags off the field by halftime.
We're those the Power Ranger uniforms?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I expect a sound thrashing by Miami.

I hope we execute better and don't beat ourselves, but the margin sounds about right for the talent differential. It could be worse if turnovers hurt us again.

Hard to see how we could make much of an improvement on defense in just one week, and our defense has been horrible all season thusfar.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I expect a sound thrashing by Miami.

I hope we execute better and don't beat ourselves, but the margin sounds about right for the talent differential. It could be worse if turnovers hurt us again.

Hard to see how we could make much of an improvement on defense in just one week, and our defense has been horrible all season thusfar.
Miami is averaging 44 points a game so maybe if Tech holds them under that it should be considered successful.

Tjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What's the deal with everyone wanting to wear black uniforms? Last weekend Tennessee wore black uniforms. I'm waiting to see Penn State wear them.
The players want wear them the young men don’t really care for basic unit’s they want colored uniforms I think most fans don’t understand that . It ‘s there preference .

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Miami is averaging 44 points a game so maybe if Tech holds them under that it should be considered successful.
That would be a moral victory of sorts which is what we are just about reduced to at this stage. We will see if the coaching change matters. I don't think it will make that much difference but it could.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Have a feeling we come out with some fight and hang around for a while but it ends up being a lot like the Ole Miss game. Their run game is going to wear us down by the 4th, TVD hits some late TD passes and we we see a 7/10 point deficit become 21/24 quick.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we’ll respond from last week but really don’t see us winning. I foresee a solid ‘moral victory’ to hold everyone over for the bye week - similar to how we lost to NIU in 2021 and then lost to Clemson by 6 a couple weeks later. Something like 31-27 Miami.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Checked their depth chart at ol - they have a lot of underclassman in second team.

Watched summary of TAM UM which was a barn burner. UM has got real speed at rb, te, wr and they run hard. Thier qb has guts, moves in pocket, and has super quick release, Cannon arm. Our d better strap in for a war.

On theacc com stat shows that in 22 their qb had a down year from a great 21. Even though he was not great, he was super stingy in int. This year - 23- he is a rs junior and playing very well. In 4 games he has 10 yd average, 10 td, and 1 int. They show his qb efficiency at 197- likely due to only int.

At this time he is clearly better qb than King , who is rsoph. The miami defense gave up passing plays against TAM. Rushing D was tough. Hopefully King can shine.
Not sure i would defend our run and just prsssure our qb..

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I am headed down on Saturday. Miami will be looking ahead to UNC the following week. While the game should be close, we will need some fumbles / tipped passes to go our way on defense in order to win. But, it absolutely could happen. The Miami media is all in on the, "this Canes team is different" promotion. I doubt this. GT 31 Miami 27.

scotts

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ll be at the game. I’m hoping to see CBK upset another top 25 team. We need to win the turnover battle by +2. If we can do that then I like our chances. Miami is due for a bad game.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I am headed down on Saturday. Miami will be looking ahead to UNC the following week. While the game should be close, we will need some fumbles / tipped passes to go our way on defense in order to win. But, it absolutely could happen. The Miami media is all in on the, "this Canes team is different" promotion. I doubt this. GT 31 Miami 27.
They say that every year and every year the talent is there, the coaching is there, well, maybe not when Manny was on the sidelines, the victories pile up and then poof! Its gone faster than a Miami thunderstorm. Maybe this time it is different. They have looked impressive.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
True, but that might be about all we are going to get judging by the Bowling Green game but I said that after the Citadel debacle a couple of years ago lo and behold the Jackets slapped the heavily favored Hurricanes around like they were mid tier ACC or something.
Your memory of that game is not correct. We won in overtime because Miami had 3 missed/blocked field goals during regulation.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
One week is not enough time to correct everything that is wrong with our defense, to get our OL to run block and to have our RBs rush like they should. That said, hope springs eternal…