On To Louisville

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I’ll be honest. I don’t feel good about this one. Just looking at Louisville’s games, they look extremely well coached on both sides of the ball. Hope we can prove it was just the weak FCS team effect, but I don’t see us stopping their offense enough.
35-28 cards :/

Saying my nightly curses twice towards the mismatching golds in hopes of good luck for the jackets

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I’ll be honest. I don’t feel good about this one. Just looking at Louisville’s games, they look extremely well coached on both sides of the ball. Hope we can prove it was just the weak FCS team effect, but I don’t see us stopping their offense enough.

Saying my nightly curses twice towards the mismatching golds in hopes of good luck for the jackets
A successful season probably hinges on this game. Need to win this and dook. Lose this game and we're staring at 6-6 or worse.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Had a bad dream about this game last night. The score was 12-9 Louisville with a minute to go. King was visibly hurt but kept playing. We drove down the field, and on the last play as the clock expired, he threw about 20 yards to a receiver in tight coverage right at the front of the endzone. The DB in coverage got his hands on the ball first, but the WR was able to pull it away from the DB, only to stumble and have it slip out of his hands and hit the turf incomplete. I woke up smokin pissed thinking it was real for a few moments.

Hopefully it was all just a dream and we come out of the game healthy and victorious on Saturday.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Had a bad dream about this game last night. The score was 12-9 Louisville with a minute to go. King was visibly hurt but kept playing. We drove down the field, and on the last play as the clock expired, he threw about 20 yards to a receiver in tight coverage right at the front of the endzone. The DB in coverage got his hands on the ball first, but the WR was able to pull it away from the DB, only to stumble and have it slip out of his hands and hit the turf incomplete. I woke up smokin pissed thinking it was real for a few moments.

Hopefully it was all just a dream and we come out of the game healthy and victorious on Saturday.
In your dream we almost won and u call it a nightmare.

If true we could go on to have good year.
But the "should have kicked a field goal crowd" would never be quiet.

Lets have happy thoughts!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer

Which uniforms were we wearing?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Short of the wheels coming completely off, this season is going to be a success. When CBK took over in 2022, we saw a proof of concept of progress from the TFG era. In 2023, CBF took our offense to the next level with great skill position players and an extremely stout offensive line. Now in 2024, we've still got our offense clicking and the defense has taken a (small) step forward with more work to do. Recruiting is heating up and CBK has driven the program culture into a good spot. I'm not going to say we're going to the ACCCG in December but I don't think the train isn't going to slow down any time soon.

The next roadblock we're going to run into is other teams poaching Buster. I think he has mentioned wanting to stay in Georgia until his kids graduate. Also, not that he's easily replacable but he's a proof-of-concept that you can be a highly talented offensive coordinator and you'll get the foundational support from Batt and Key and the rest of the coaching staff to continue to elevate your career. GT isn't a dead end job anymore.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Short of the wheels coming completely off, this season is going to be a success. When CBK took over in 2022, we saw a proof of concept of progress from the TFG era. In 2023, CBF took our offense to the next level with great skill position players and an extremely stout offensive line. Now in 2024, we've still got our offense clicking and the defense has taken a (small) step forward with more work to do. Recruiting is heating up and CBK has driven the program culture into a good spot. I'm not going to say we're going to the ACCCG in December but I don't think the train isn't going to slow down any time soon.

The next roadblock we're going to run into is other teams poaching Buster. I think he has mentioned wanting to stay in Georgia until his kids graduate. Also, not that he's easily replacable but he's a proof-of-concept that you can be a highly talented offensive coordinator and you'll get the foundational support from Batt and Key and the rest of the coaching staff to continue to elevate your career. GT isn't a dead end job anymore.
Other teams already have tried to poach Buster.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck

my only dreams about Tech anything is sleeping through exams, and we all have that one. i'd quit watching if I was having dreams about FB games.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

I feel the same way, we haven't been consistent enough on defense and the lack of a pass-rush is very worrisome ...

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Somehow we are the only team in the country with a frontloaded, backloaded, and middle-loaded schedule.
When it's all said and done, I don't think the ACC schedule is as bad as we all made it out to be during preseason. FSU, UNC, VT, and NCSU are all worse than we expected them to be. Louisville and Duke seem to be about who we thought. Miami and Syracuse are better. UGA is what it is and drawing ND this year is bad luck. It's not a 2023 Louisville cakewalk to the ACCCG but a team deserving of being a conference champion can make it to the title game with this schedule.

When you look at the teams we've played in retrospect, it's almost a bit disappointing to be 3-1 instead of 4-0 right now.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
From CFBNumbers - QB Matchups: Week 4

a30f9340-82b2-42d5-b353-a0d58f5fb948_1800x1208.jpg

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
Other teams already have tried to poach Buster.
Poaching assistants is a thing, nothing we can do about it EXCEPT...have a stable program with a good HC, AD, team chemistry, etc where a young bright coach wants to come. As long as it is one coach at a time, you can survive with a mature program

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Poaching assistants is a thing, nothing we can do about it EXCEPT...have a stable program with a good HC, AD, team chemistry, etc where a young bright coach wants to come. As long as it is one coach at a time, you can survive with a mature program
I would hate to lose Faulkner to another school as their OC. I can understand him leaving for a head coaching job. With all this crazy NIL crap, I could understand him going to the NFL which has some semblance of sanity. I hope for now, he is content on Key's staff.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I'm not worried about losing Faulkner because that will happen some day for sure after his son graduates from HS. I am more concerned about keeping Weinke contented at Tech and in Atlanta because that is as something we may can control. I don't see Chris interested in ever taking a HC job and he and Brent seem to have a great relationship.
Just my thoughts.