On To Louisville

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
With the exception of Duke, four of those five teams are capable of beating Tech.
If what you're saying is that our season doesn't hinge on the Louisville game, because we could still lose 4 of the next five most winnable games, then I agree.

I don't know if we will be favored by the time those games happen, but right now I see 4 teams we should have a decent chance of winning against based on this season's play so far. We could also lose all of them, including Duke, if we don't lay up to our standard.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Duke is to us as we have been to UNC. I would NEVER count a Duke victory as a sure thing. The best thing that ever happened for us with Duke is Cutcliffe retiring. I'd love to bring him to the Flats if he is interested.
I was trying to be magnanimous but point well taken. Duke has been a thorn in our side for about a half century. When they are bad, like really bad, we can usually coast but they always seem to give us fits. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
If what you're saying is that our season doesn't hinge on the Louisville game, because we could still lose 4 of the next five most winnable games, then I agree.

I don't know if we will be favored by the time those games happen, but right now I see 4 teams we should have a decent chance of winning against based on this season's play so far. We could also lose all of them, including Duke, if we don't lay up to our standard.
Rush the passer and we can win...don't rush the passer we will lose. From my less than expert perspective, I don't think we have even an average defense. The offense can move the ball and has quick strike capability but the running game has largely disappeared. Disappointed in both lines. I don't think they are any better than last year, maybe worse.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Duke is to us as we have been to UNC. I would NEVER count a Duke victory as a sure thing. The best thing that ever happened for us with Duke is Cutcliffe retiring. I'd love to bring him to the Flats if he is interested.
Duke has 6 wins in the last 25 games against us, 5 of which were with Cutcliffe. UNC also has 6 wins in the last 25 games against us. Duke is not at all what we are to UNC.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Duke has 6 wins in the last 25 games against us, 5 of which were with Cutcliffe. UNC also has 6 wins in the last 25 games against us. Duke is not at all what we are to UNC.

True, but 5 of those wins came in the last 9 meetings. From 2014 thru 2019, they were 5-1 against us. Conversely, our record in the last 9 games against UNC is 5-4, or identical to Duke's record against us.

Now, will Duke remain a threat to us without Cutcliffe? Remains to be seen, but I think the idea that we have recently struggled against Duke the Way UNC struggles against us has merit.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
True, but 5 of those wins came in the last 9 meetings. From 2014 thru 2019, they were 5-1 against us. Conversely, our record in the last 9 games against UNC is 5-4, or identical to Duke's record against us.

Now, will Duke remain a threat to us without Cutcliffe? Remains to be seen, but I think the idea that we have recently struggled against Duke the Way UNC struggles against us has merit.
I'm to this DAY pissed about the 2014 loss. Ugh. :(