On To Louisville

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
They’re playing ND after us, I do believe. Maybe we’re their trap game.
I could see it. We are 3-1, but wins over FSU and VMI and GSU aren't impressing anyone at this point, and a loss to Syracuse who they are expecting will be bad too. I'd fully expect Louisville fans to think this should be a fairly easy win for them and be looking ahead. Hopefully their players are too.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I foresee a game similar to the Syracuse game. Their whole philosophy is to throw the ball first and run second. So far, we have little to no pass rush and our DB's have not shown they can cover well enough to deter an opponent. I look for Louisville to score early and often. Our best chance is to get in a shootout with them. Unfortunately for us, they have a really good defense, and we will have to execute at a much higher level than we have shown in the past to have a chance to hang with them. I am hoping we can generate some turnovers and hang around with a chance to pull it out at the end.

Buster needs to come up with something more than those little screen passes to the slot receiver. We need to establish the run and take some deep shots off of play action. Our defense needs to man up and do whatever it takes to get to their quarterback.

Go Jackets!

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
GT is so hard to judge. If we run vs louisville its 24-27 one way or the other. If we let haynes throw i swear its 45-17. We have the wr core and defensive line.
Louisville will score way more than 17 points! Louisville's offense is better than Syracuse's offense overall.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We had a good chance to beat Louisville last year.
Last year
28 points in second quarter.
King had 6 wr with a 25 yd or longer pass. 3 had a 45-55yd pass.
1 st and 3rd quarter we got goose egg.
Cooley ran well
Tight ends caught almost 0
Louisville score in every quarter and 26 in second half .
This year?
I'll thunk 2 second quarters = 56 points will be enough.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Because of the imbalance in schedules, to me this feels like the fourth game of the year where our opponent hasn’t given us enough on tape to know what they’ll do.

FSU and Ga State played zero games prior.
Cuse and Ville kept gas in the tank for different reasons.

Big advantage to Ville who has all the tape on us and we have little on them. They are also not banged up, playing at home.

Hope we got a bit of recovery as a result of the VMI game. Gonna be tough and I will be more impressed than usual if we take this one.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
I foresee a game similar to the Syracuse game.
Me too.

Louisville is going to put up points against our D. We have to outscore them.

I think Key will TRY the heavy run, grind-it down and limit possessions. But I don't think that will work in this game. We need the staff to recognize earlier than they did against Syracuse that we will need to cut Haynes King and Singleton and Avery Boyd loose and go downfield. I think we need the pass to set-up Haynes and our run game.

I think we could win a shoot-out. If we try to impose smash-mouth to the point we are down two scores, then we lose.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Me too.

Louisville is going to put up points against our D. We have to outscore them.

I think Key will TRY the heavy run, grind-it down and limit possessions. But I don't think that will work in this game. We need the staff to recognize earlier than they did against Syracuse that we will need to cut Haynes King and Singleton and Avery Boyd loose and go downfield. I think we need the pass to set-up Haynes and our run game.

I think we could win a shoot-out. If we try to impose smash-mouth to the point we are down two scores, then we lose.
if our offense has a gameplan like UNC last year of run it until you don't need to and then throw it downfield, we will have a shot at victory.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what to think about this one, so I'm going with what the gamblers are saying. Like someone said this is like another opening game we don't have much on them. Maybe by the time we get to Duke we at least will have a little book on everybody. We start slow it seems every game so far this year. I do worry if we get up early we stop our intensity.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
This will be a big test, but keep in mind Louisville is 2-0 against two VMIs, two teams who have not yet won a game this year. They beat Jax State and Austin Peay. Other than Louisville, those two teams’ opponents include Central Arkansas, Southern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, and Coastal Carolina. They didn’t beat any of those, and got worked in most. Football is not transitive, but Louisville hasn’t been punched in the mouth, nor have they played anyone capable of swinging on them. I’m confident we’ll land a few, take a few, and keep swinging. They’ve also been chillin’ on a bye week, probably thinking about their trip to South Bend next week, with their quarterback not named Kyle McCord.

Oughta be a good one!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
We need to have a creative game plan to win this game, something they are not expecting. I would not mind seeing Pyron get a set of downs if our offense bogs down.