Official now: GT vs. Tennessee 2017

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
That's great. Great exposure for us and a nice paycheck on top. I'm wondering if that game will be part of your season tickets if we a declared the "home" team or if it will be treated as an away game?

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
That's great. Great exposure for us and a nice paycheck on top. I'm wondering if that game will be part of your season tickets if we a declared the "home" team or if it will be treated as an away game?
It won't be part of season tickets, you will need to buy it separately. They are paying us a lot of money for the game:

The Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game averages more than 66,000 fans per game – higher than 30 bowl games from last year – and its team payout averages $4.3 million which is higher than 21 bowl games last season.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072015aab.html

Vespid

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm excited for this one. I was in Neyland for the last game we played there. Been too long since we played Tenn.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pretty nice set up for GT the next couple of seasons. Ireland 2016, and now the CFA Kickoff is official for 2017. We should have strong teams both years.

Just a really exciting time to be a GT fan. Lord knows situations like the one we have now has been few and far between the last 20 or so years.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm excited for this one. I was in Neyland for the last game we played there. Been too long since we played Tenn.

Would be nice to get a home and home rotation of UT/Auburn/Alabama going once every decade. GT has a very good historical rivalry with all of them, and I think the fans of all the schools would enjoy it given proximity and overlapping fanbases.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Tennessee is projected to be pretty good in 2017, some say they may break out this year.