Official now: GT vs. Tennessee 2017

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Awesome! The Kickoff and Ireland should be great recruiting tools! I'm really excited for our kids to get those opportunities

LibertyTurns

Banned
Now there's two SEC teams that can't chicken out of playing us- Mutts (every year) & UT in 2017. Maybe I'm speaking too soon because 2 years is a long time.

One thing I do know is that no matter how good our uniforms look it's going to be UGLY in the dome that day with all that orange. You can't hide orange even with the fan favorite GT blue uniforms.

Lastly, does anyone have the picture of the UT guy taking his date (sheep) to the game picture? That one's hilarious.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I hope CC gets a ton of snaps next year so that way he will fully ready in year 3. That's if he redshirts this year.

Not to hijack the thread, but as it stands right now, Matthew Jordan is most likely our starter in 2017 barring injury. CC is a phenomenal athlete, but with the skill positions we're bringing in that are just great athletes, we'll need a QB that can take advantage of their skills in the passing as well as running game. Right now, MJ is far more advanced in those regards than CC. CC has a long way to go in the passing phase...but 2017 is a couple of seasons away, so we'll see how it plays out. I think MJ will be the primary backup in 2016, JeT's senior year and after Byerly leaves.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe I'm speaking too soon because 2 years is a long time.

One thing I do know is that no matter how good our uniforms look it's going to be UGLY in the dome that day with all that orange. You can't hide orange even with the fan favorite GT blue uniforms.
A game planned this far out means the amount of orange in the stands might match the number UT players, prospective and current, who think they'll be a part of the game.

Anyone willing to do a roster turnover comparison between now and then (both schools)?

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
A game planned this far out means the amount of orange in the stands might match the number UT players, prospective and current, who think they'll be a part of the game.

Anyone willing to do a roster turnover comparison between now and then (both schools)?
Not sure how that would be possible. Can't stadium only hold 80k?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
MJ is unproven just like CC! Keep in mind that CC ran a similar offense in high school so he isn't coming in blindsided.

MJ will be running our system for a good while by the time 2016 roles around, not to mention 2017. Just because you ran the same system in HS doesn't mean all that much on this level. Synjyn Days ran our system is HS, and as athletically gifted as he is and as good of an arm as he had, that didn't help him all that much as he could never unseat the less physically gifted Tevin Washington.

JeT ran a traditional shotgun spread in HS...he seems to be doing OK without having run our offense at all coming in.

MJ will be running our system for a good while by the time 2016 roles around, not to mention 2017. Just because you ran the same system in HS doesn't mean all that much on this level. Synjyn Days ran our system is HS, and as athletically gifted as he is and as good of an arm as he had, that didn't help him all that much as he could never unseat the less physically gifted Tevin Washington.

JeT ran a traditional shotgun spread in HS...he seems to be doing OK without having run our offense at all coming in.
Time will tell but I'm not putting MJ in front of CC when 2017 is two years away.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Whichever qb has the game "slow down" enough between the ears for them to utilize their God given talents to the fullest will win the job. That and whomever stays healthy.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Nervous about that game, but boy wouldn't that be a story if its Jaylend Ratliff under center making his first start in Primetime on Monday night.