Official now: GT vs. Tennessee 2017

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I like playing Tennessee and all that, but this adds yet another tough game to the schedule (provided the coaches at UT don't find a way to screw things up again).

I think all this exposure stuff is overdone and I like playing weaker teams early, especially when we have new kids taking over at skill positions. Sooooo … I'd prefer to play these games as regular season one-offs rather then kickoff specials. But … that's just me. I'll probably end up going.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I like playing Tennessee and all that, but this adds yet another tough game to the schedule (provided the coaches at UT don't find a way to screw things up again).

I think all this exposure stuff is overdone and I like playing weaker teams early, especially when we have new kids taking over at skill positions. Sooooo … I'd prefer to play these games as regular season one-offs rather then kickoff specials. But … that's just me. I'll probably end up going.

A lot of good coaches who are regularly in the hunt for their conference championship will schedule very tough out of conference games early to find out their challenges and make the necessary moves in their lineups earlier. Soft games early help your winning percentage but tough games early may be more beneficial for that stronger upside in the conference/playoff schedule. Chose your poison.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
JJ Green rushed for 129 yards the last time he played RB against Tenn. :)

A quick wiki search says max capacity is 77,000 (+4k expansion). I swear reading something recently that said it would be able to expand up to 90 - 100 k for NCAA events. Either they removed seating flexibility to add club seats and increase PSL sales or there's an outdoor pavilion / viewing area within the vicinity that's not being accounted for in that 77k. This is a beautiful stadium. Big time opportunity got GT to show up on the national stage.

Offseason hijack: The economic impact from the first 2 games held in this stadium will exceed the total public bond contribution. And before you say, ya well the GA Dome would have brought in the same money, (1) that's not a certainty (2) look at the Dome's ROI relative to the State's contribution. Meanwhile, in Cobb County...the park at cheesecake factory, walk on the climate controlled pedestrian bridge to Comcast field at Suntrust Park sponsored by [insert mid-tier service conglomerate corporation] or take this awesome new non-marta bus system plan for the low price of 450 million isn't looking too hot/realistic/ 1/5th of what the total cost will be. TSPLOT doesn't look too bad once you realize you can't just make up numbers on your TIGER grant apps, eh Tlee.